our playing of "Grazioso" on Sunday

Ann Frederking

Jan 17, 2017, 9:11:38 AM1/17/17
to Handbell-L
On Sunday, my group played Arnold Sherman's Grazioso in memory of one of our group who passed away on Dec. 21. Her service was during the holidays and too many of us, me included, were out of town at the time to be able to do anything more than toll a bell at her service.

We somehow managed to hold it all together (though I nearly lost it when introducing the piece) and the playing was quite good. I had 13 ringers who wanted to participate and one more out of the country. I pinch myself at times, thinking about my good fortune.

Anyway, if you'd like to have a listen, the audio has been separated from the entire service and is posted on our bell site. Scroll to the bottom and you'll find a link. http://www.emmanuelunited.ca/worship/bells.php

Ann

2016 Christmas letter - https://violaann.smugmug.com/Other/Christmas-2016/n-hK9JGk/
Photo gallery of the construction of my viola d'amore - http://violaann.smugmug.com/Music/My-Viola-DAmore-Marguerite/36032083_cHq22x
Ann's hostas - about 180 varieties, updated for 2015. Start at:
https://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Hostas/Hostas-in-my-garden-A/
Emmanubells Handbell Ensemble - http://www.emmanuelunited.ca/worship_renewal/bells.php
Ottawa Chamber Orchestra - http://www.ottawachamberorchestra.com/

Kathy Smith

Jan 17, 2017, 10:48:28 AM1/17/17
to Handbell-l
Thank you for sharing - your choir rang beautifully!

We are preparing this piece to ring in a few months and plan to make it part of our repertiore.  Such a moving piece!

Blessings to you and your choir.

Ann Frederking

Jan 17, 2017, 12:11:20 PM1/17/17
to Handbell-L
Thank you. We are still experimenting with microphone placement and think the mike may have made the bass bells sound a bit late as it was closer to the treble bells.

We agree - wonderful piece. But we've played it twice this season as a memorial. The first time was a combined group as one of my ringers, who lost her husband, also directs a group at another church. That time it was a mixed group of her ringers and mine who rang at the service held at our church. Anyway, we are ready to put it away for awhile and hope the next time we play it will be because we want to.

Ann

--
Post: handb...@googlegroups.com
Subscribe: handbell-l+subscribe@googlegroups.com

Claire Parker

Jan 17, 2017, 3:46:42 PM1/17/17
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the link to your choir’s offerings.  We played the beautiful Grazioso in our community group but I’m planning on getting into my church choir’s repertoire.  I’d forgotten how beautiful it is - your group played with great emotion.  I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend and feel you honored her well.

I also listened to your other pieces and have bookmarked several.  I love this sharing of experiences with the many great bell pieces out there!

Blessings, Claire Parker

Digest: e-mail mdp...@gmail.com with subject line "Digest-L"
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Handbell-l" group.