Bass chime racks rattling?

Charles Peery

Oct 17, 2016, 7:13:06 AM10/17/16
to Handbell-l

I guess we’ve had our Malmark bass chime racks six or seven years… they are now vibrating audibly in sympathy with the chimes.. a rattle on that note, a buzz on that note.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If you have about four extra people to stand around the racks and hold onto various parts of them, you can stop all of it!  Anyone have a better solution? We’ve tried tightening everything, rubber shims….
Thanks in advance,

Chuck in St. Louis

Elke White

Oct 17, 2016, 8:08:52 AM10/17/16
to handb...@googlegroups.com
We've had our lower sixth octave chime rack for about that long and haven't experienced any of those problems.  And the rack has gotten plenty of use (it even got dropped once).

I would contact Malmark on that one - I'm sure they will work with you

Elke White

--
Post: handb...@googlegroups.com
Subscribe: handbell-l+subscribe@googlegroups.com