Yesu Ananipenda

fran underwood

Jan 20, 2017, 11:08:01 AM1/20/17
to Handbell-l
All,

My choir has started working on Cathy Moklebust's arrangement of 'Yesu Ananipenda'. I'd really like to teach them the African song with the words but have not been able to find it in print. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Many thanks,

Fran Underwood
Clarendon UMC, Arlington VA

Wakefield School, The Plains VA
Virginia Bronze, Alexandria VA
HMA Area 3 Board Member

Handbells is my life.

Cathy Moklebust

Jan 20, 2017, 12:15:26 PM1/20/17
to Handbell-L
Fran -

Yesu Ananipenda is an original composition, not based on an actual African song (there are a couple of African songs that use these words, but mine is not based on them). I simply used the 2 words "Yesu Ananipenda" as the rhythmic motive for the main melody.

Thanks for playing my piece!

Cathy

--
Post: handb...@googlegroups.com
Subscribe: handbell-l+subscribe@googlegroups.com

Merry Lloyd

Jan 20, 2017, 1:36:24 PM1/20/17
to 13
I plugged it in and this came up:

 hope its what you need

merry

--
Post: handb...@googlegroups.com
Subscribe: handbell-l+subscribe@googlegroups.com

Merry Lloyd
Columbia River Handbells
When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and for the joy of living.  If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.     Techumseh (1758-1813). Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.