ANN: ActivePapers for Python

Konrad Hinsen

Sep 17, 2013, 6:52:18 AM9/17/13
to h5...@googlegroups.com
Now that h5py 2.2 is out, I'd like to make a first announcement of my
ActivePapers framework, initially to the people who are in the best
position to use it: h5py users.

ActivePapers is a framework for doing reproducible research in Python.
An ActivePaper is an HDF5 file containing all scripts and datasets for
a project, with integrated and automated dependency tracking. The
file can be moved around between different computers and different
users, and in the end it can be published as supplementary material to
a publication.

Since all data is stored in an HDF5 file, the scripts in an ActivePaper
need to use h5py, which is why h5py users have a headstart.

For more information, and for downloading the code, see:

https://bitbucket.org/khinsen/active_papers_py/wiki/Home

Any feedback is welcome.

Konrad.

Andrew Collette

Sep 17, 2013, 12:06:58 PM9/17/13
to h5...@googlegroups.com
> Now that h5py 2.2 is out, I'd like to make a first announcement of my
> ActivePapers framework, initially to the people who are in the best
> position to use it: h5py users.

Looks very cool! Where did the inspiration for this come from? Is it
supported by a specific research grant?

Andrew

Konrad Hinsen

Sep 17, 2013, 12:50:03 PM9/17/13
to h5...@googlegroups.com
--On 17 septembre 2013 10:06:58 -0600 Andrew Collette
It's a side project I have been working on for a while. A more complete
story is on my Web site:

http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/plone/software/activepapers

I can't say this has been directly supported by a grant, but I have
re-interpreted a grant to make it fit in ;-)

Konrad.