Troubleshooting: Installation and Loading problems

Jaz

Mar 1, 2016, 6:00:27 PM3/1/16
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Google Web Designer Community,

We’re eager to hear your feedback and comments, but those will be a bit hard to gather if you can’t open or download the product! Please take a look at the steps below to help troubleshoot common issues, including the inability to download and blank, white, or black screens after opening Google Web Designer. You can also check our Help Center for the latest information on Known Issues.

1. Problem: I can’t download the installer from your website.

Take a look at our System Requirements and check that we support your version. If we do, and you still cannot download the product, please contact us via the forum and let us know the issue you experienced while trying to download Google Web Designer.

2. Problem: I'm able to download the Google Web Designer installer, but I can’t launch it OR The installation went well, but I can't launch it.

Check the System Requirements, just to be sure we support your version. If we do, download (or run) the installer again (in case it was corrupted on that first try) and install again. If you are still having issues, please contact us via the forum.

3. Problem: I was able to launch the installer, but the installation still failed :-(

Double-check your Applications or All Programs folder (for Win 7), Start screen or Apps screen (for Win 8) to see if GWD is already installed. This could also be a network issue, so double check that your network is not down.

4. Problem: I've launched Google Web Designer, but the UI is not displayed.

There are a few things you can try:

1. It could be an issue with your proxy settings. Google Web Designer supports the same custom proxy settings as Chrome. Take a look at our article Using Google Web Designer with a proxy server for information and instructions to adjust your settings as needed.

2. Windows users have reported that updating their video card drivers resolved the issue. Give this a try and then re-launch.

3. Delete the cache folder and relaunch.

Windows: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Google Web Designer

Mac: /Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Google/Web Designer

5. Problem: I want a Linux version. Preferably now :-)

The Linux version is now available! Head over to google.com/webdesigner to download it today!

thx!
jaz

Jasmine Rogers
Program Manager, GWD