GWD White Screen error - testers needed

Jaz

Jun 26, 2014, 5:20:06 PM6/26/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
For those of you experiencing the white screen/proxy issue, thanks very much for your patience! We have been working on a fix for this and we have a beta build that may correct the problem. If you are interested in beta testing this fix, please:

Contact us at gwd-s...@google.com for a test build and please include your platform version.

Thank You!
Google Web Designer Team

Bonly H

Jun 27, 2014, 5:05:54 AM6/27/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem...
I am using Debian sid...I could test it for u...
:)

Jaz

Jun 27, 2014, 11:46:10 AM6/27/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Lots of responses, thanks so much everyone! We still do not have Mac users with the white screen issue. If you are out there and willing to test a build, please let us know! gwd-s...@google.com

thx
jaz

Jasmine Rogers
Program Manager, GWD

Andy Clark

Jun 27, 2014, 2:26:20 PM6/27/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
This beta (google-webdesigner_1.0.4.0_amd64.deb) fixed the whitescreen in Kubuntu issue for me.

da...@twfmail.com

Jun 27, 2014, 3:44:15 PM6/27/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Andy, where can the rest of us get that? I'm still showing 1.0.1.0-1 in the repo.

Jaz

Jun 27, 2014, 5:16:46 PM6/27/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi da@,

Andy beta tested this for us, even though we do not support Kubuntu, we were thinking this fix might correct the issue and it appears that happened! We're still working on this though, but if we find that it works on all versions that we support, we'll release it with our next build (coming soon!).

jaz

da...@twfmail.com

Jun 27, 2014, 5:49:08 PM6/27/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jaz,

I was curious where he obtained the deb because I also sent in an email to beta test, but received no response. I'll just keep checking the repo periodically and hoping for a more recent version than 1.0.1.0-1

Jaz

Jun 27, 2014, 6:04:15 PM6/27/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hey David,

Yep, we received your message :-), and we're running the test builds now. We may still need your help testing, but we're waiting to see what the results are from the first set. If everything goes well, this will be included in our next release, so you'll have a solution very soon!

jona...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2014, 11:04:05 AM6/29/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I have problems with my Windows 8 laptop device, and would really appreciate a beta version.

Jaz

Jun 30, 2014, 1:55:45 PM6/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just an update: We received a lot of support from the community on this one, thanks so much! While we have enough testers who experience the white screen issue who are NOT behind a proxy, we still need testers who are behind a proxy. If you are, please email us if you would like to test the build with the fix for this issue: gwd-s...@google.com

kaycee.li...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2014, 9:37:49 AM7/1/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaz,

I emailed you recently, but said you had enough beta testers.
I have emailed again as I would like to beta test with a proxy.
Here at my company I have had a client wanting to test your software, but I haven't managed to have any luck with loading the software as automatically upon load I am getting a white screen.

Please let me know if you would like my help.

Many Thanks,
Casey

Jaz

Jul 1, 2014, 4:17:43 PM7/1/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Casey,

Thanks very much for the update, I've pinged our QA person on this, as I believe we were looking for more users behind a proxy for the test.

thx!

sea...@ukmail.com

Jul 7, 2014, 4:51:46 AM7/7/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi I have also a white screen error, behind proxy, but I thought there is a fix already by edit registry? (which I can't because I am not admin), so is there an official fix please? thanks

Mak

Jul 7, 2014, 1:10:32 PM7/7/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy.
Do you have a direct link to the 1.0.4 version ?

Jaz

Jul 7, 2014, 5:26:11 PM7/7/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We're in process of beta testing the fix, so we are not releasing it to the community until we've vetted the issue. Once we have, we'll release it in our next version, which is coming very soon!

thx

Rob Christianson

Jul 24, 2014, 3:26:47 PM7/24/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Just signed up and downloaded.

Getting white startup screen too.  Eager to try for a work project!

I'm running Mac OS 10.9.4, Build 13E28 on a 2.6 gHz Intel Cor i7 Macbook Pro with 16 gb 1600mhz DDR3 RAM

Help please!!

Jaz

Jul 25, 2014, 12:23:27 PM7/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Rob!

Could it be that you are behind a proxy? Please check out our instructions on proxy settings and if you still get the white screen, please let us know.

thx!

Jaz

Jul 28, 2014, 4:21:08 PM7/28/14
Hi All,

We have included a fix to the white screen issue with our latest update today. If you experienced this issue, can you please:

1. Set your proxy settings
2. Re-launch GWD (ensure you have auto updated to v1.1.0.0723)

If you continue to experience issues, please let us know!

thx

sea...@ukmail.com

Jul 29, 2014, 3:34:56 AM7/29/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I still don't understand the proxy setting instructions, be good to have step by step and what to enter with screenshots maybe?

Also how do I auto update if I cannot go beyond the white screen? thanks