Re: Getting Started with Google Web Designer

jason.t....@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2014, 9:04:40 PM3/2/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I am currently using the software to build a website. I have been using the blank HTML page to do so, but I am curious why you can't incorporate any of the components in a blank html? It appears they only works with ads. Like I said in another post I haven't built a site in about 8 years and even then I had basic html knowledge, so there is probably a way to incorporate them that I am not aware of. I'd like to put an animated photo gallery on my homepage. Like the carousel, but so far nothing I have tried has worked. I know I can do it, I just don't know how. I'll keep watching the tutorials and maybe I can figure it out. So for I like the software and each day I learn a little more. Thanks

Paul Blankinship

Mar 3, 2014, 11:40:26 AM3/3/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason -

Components are only available if you've formatted your project as an ad. To create an HTML file that can utilize components, you need to create the file as if it were a banner ad or interstitial ad, choose Generic as the environment type, and then create a custom size that works for your HTML project. This will make the components available to you.

Jason Stanford

Mar 3, 2014, 5:39:44 PM3/3/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
thank you

bra...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2014, 11:03:16 PM4/10/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hello quick question is there a way to do split view with the code/design window so you can see both? Thank you

San Khong

Apr 11, 2014, 10:42:57 AM4/11/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
There's no split view for code/design in GWD.  This request has come up before in the forum so we have it logged in our feature request list.

Thanks,
San
GWD Team

Brian Rapa

Apr 11, 2014, 1:01:33 PM4/11/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Thank You I look forward for the update

ZAZ

Apr 13, 2014, 6:52:30 AM4/13/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I liked this software, and I hope to see the final version
I encountered some small problems:
- When I change the color of an element in a keyframe, its color changes in all other keyframes.
- When the name of the document is large, the star "*" indicates that the document was modified after the save is no longer displayed.
Last question, Is it possible to transform in animation one form to another form (such as a square to a circle) as in "Flash" with "Create Shape Tween"

luisco...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2014, 6:01:38 PM4/13/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I have an image, and when I click on it, I want it to expand and transform into a <div> centered in the middle of the screen. Is this possible in GWD? Any help is appreciated.

dan.y...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2014, 2:29:28 AM4/15/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm trying to build a webpage with a carousel scrolling component, which I have built using the Generic environment type. I was wondering how one then inserts that component into the HTML page? I'm having difficultly understanding how creating a component in a generic environment "makes the components available to you".

Many thanks.

San Khong

Apr 16, 2014, 4:17:36 PM4/16/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
You can try load the published html into an iframe element.

San
GWD Team

San Khong

Apr 16, 2014, 4:19:07 PM4/16/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
There's no UI to do what you describe in the current build.  We're working on events so stay tuned!

San
GWD Team

Jaz

Sep 8, 2017, 3:31:40 PM9/8/17
to gwd...@googlegroups.com

Welcome and thanks for using Google Web Designer! We’ve created a number of resources (including this community forum) to help you get started, so feel free to peruse the options below or post in our forum if you have any questions or comments!

Resources

Google Web Designer Fundamentals Certification - learn the Google Web Designer interface, how to create templates and animations, builds ads and more!

YouTube – Take a look at our tutorial videos, featuring walkthroughs of our features by the engineers who worked on the feature. You may want to start with the UI Overview video and if you are creating an ad, then the Interstitial Ads or Expandable Ads videos as well. The Advanced Timeline video is also very helpful when creating animations. Please subscribe and we’ll notify you as we add more videos!

Help Center – We have a Getting Started section that walks you through creating a document, setting up your environment as well as adding images and components. There are a number of additional articles that can assist you as you become more familiar with the features.

Google Web Designer Resources - Looking for custom components or templates? Look no further!

In addition to tutorials and documentation, we also have our social media channels, where we provide info and updates related to our product. You can also check out our blog and website! Be sure to add us to your circles on G+ and follow us on Twitter!

Last but not least, we value your feedback, so please continue to submit bugs, feature requests or comments to this Forum!

thx!

jaz

Jasmine Rogers

Program Manager