Gutter Cleaning Newtown CT

sd sder

Jul 2, 2019, 5:55:50 PM7/2/19
to Gutter Cleaning Newtown CT

Gutter-Cleaners-Newtown-CT-06801.jpg

In general, I'm not a big fan of gutter guards. That discussion I'll leave to another article. The short answer is that can be expensive, can actually cause more problems than they solve and can lure a homeowner into the false belief that their gutters never require servicing again.

Suffice to say, however, gutter guards do have their time and place. One such application is in an area of gutters subject to significant debris.

I suppose "significant debris" is wholly subjective. But at my home, for example, I have one stretch of gutters that need to be cleaned three to four times each fall. For me, that is entirely too much! I have more important things to do with my time than clean the same gutter multiple times per year.

Gutter guards come in many shapes, styles, colors, sizes and designs. Many niche service companies offer their own unique design or brand and similarly tout their superiority to every other gutter guard on the market.

For now I'll dodge the issue of the merits of gutter guard designs, for my purpose here isn't to evaluate or compare designs or products. Instead I want to focus on the benefit than any gutter guard claims to achieve. Namely, to reduce or eliminate the need for gutter cleaning.

While gutter guards rarely eliminate the need to clean the gutters, they can significant eliminate the majority of leaves and debris that enter a gutter-thereby reduce the cleaning interval.