Gutter Cleaning Duluth MN

saddf fgfg

Jun 17, 2019, 3:38:32 PM6/17/19
to Gutter Cleaning Duluth MN

Gutter-Cleaners-In-Duluth-MN-55807.jpg

You may have to clean gutters more regularly in some locations than in others. Not all weather conditions and environments are the exact same, making the upkeep requirements different from one location to the next. Exactly what you have to consider most is your surroundings and the seasons in your area.

Sometimes we put jobs off because they seem difficult and dangerous. Gutter cleaning and maintenance is probably at the top of the procrastination list but gutters should be cleaned twice a year if possible. The spring cleaning, after the seeds and helicopters come down, is the most important. Many seeds float and quickly make their way to the downspout where it will become clogged in no time. In the fall the weather can change fast and the cold and wet is miserable and dangerous for ladder climbing.

I have been in the gutter repair and maintenance business for more than five years and I can tell you late spring cleaning is critical to yearly gutter maintenance. We'll look at few simple tools and methods that will make the job a little less scary and a little easier to do.

The biggest tool of course is the ladder. I have found an extension ladder is the best type for gutter cleaning because you can get above the gutter and look down into it. Don't worry about scratching the gutter. The coatings they use on gutters are very tough and very few people are going to openly criticize you about a couple of mars on your gutters. Safety is your main concern and you don't want to reach blindly back and over the edge of the gutter.

Going up on roof should be avoided too: the pitch of the roof is very difficult to work on and worse if you are leaning over the edge. The shingles are easy to break off and your boots will gouge away the tiny stones decreasing the life of the roof. You will also need flat wedge large enough to rest one foot of the ladder so it will be level; a heavy pair of rubber work gloves and a belt hook to carry a small garden hoe. The local hardware will carry many of these items but go to the Yellow Pages and find a ladder and scaffolding supply store. You'll be pleased to find many products the big box stores can't carry. And remember to wear over-the-ankle lace-up boots.