WE Empower: UN SDG Challenge for Women Entrepreneurs and Social Entrepreneurs

Ana Isabel B. B. Paraguay

Apr 8, 2020, 4:23:11 PM4/8/20
to OFFICIO e Ambiente - Inovar

The WE Empower Challenge is the first of its kind, a global business competition to honor, support and celebrate women entrepreneurs who are advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030.

Five awardees from around the world are selected to receive an all-expenses-paid trip to New York City, NY during the UN Global Goals week (September 18-27, 2020) to engage in high profile events with UN officials and to participate in a series of tailored trainings by leading and supporting partners.

Objectives:
> Honor: Honor innovative women entrepreneurs who are supporting and achieving the SDGs through sustainable business practices and inspiration for others to follow suit.
> Invest: Invest in the most inspiring and transformational women entrepreneurs – providing access to seed capital, unique trainings, capacity building, a network of their peers, visibility and credibility for their work.
> Ignite: Ignite awareness among a global community of stakeholders of the valuable contribution women entrepreneurs can make in contributing to the SDGs and the obstacles they still face.

Eligibility Criteria - to be eligible to enter this competition, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
1) I am a woman entrepreneur with lead decision making ability in a business or organization;
2) My business/organization has been in operation for more than three years;
3) I employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent);
4) My business/organization generates at least $100,000 USD in annual sales or revenue;
5) I am proficient in spoken and written English;
6) I am at least 21 years old;
7) I am available to travel to NYC between 18 September – 27 September 2020;

Applicants must answer basic identifying information about themselves, their business, and their primary country of business.
Applicants must identify which world region they are located in from the following regions:
a) Europe and North America;
b) Middle East and North Africa;
c) Sub-Saharan Africa;
d) Asia-Pacific;
e) Latin America and Caribbean.

Finalists will be required to provide evidence of sales (i.e. tax returns and/or audited financial records).

NOTE

The WE Empower Challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs who are advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030.

Applicants are required to complete and submit an online application, which includes a two-minute video.
The online application process may take up to one hour to complete.
Applications submitted without the two-minute video will not be considered.

Any incomplete applications, or any applications received after 15 April 2020 will not be considered.

For more information please visit https://sustainability.asu.edu/we-empower/

Complimentary information sent by OFFICIO & Ambiente Ltda.:  http://goo.gl/GCk5pL