Guaranty Bank Trust Austin 78772

Bill Shoubless

Jun 11, 2019, 6:44:15 PM6/11/19
to Guaranty Bank Trust Austin 78772

feature-image_best-housing-loan-in-philippines-for-ofw.jpg

Budgeting and automating are straightforward ways to save money with your checking account, but you could also boost your savings by challenging yourself with a little creativity. Mentally round up debit card transactions to the next ten-dollar increment, for example, and roll the difference into savings. If you spend $42.38 with your debit card on groceries, round up to $50.00 and put the other $7.62 into savings.

Another tip to save money with your checking account is to treat savings as a reward for sticking to your budget. If eating out is your personal budgeting Achilles heel, for instance, put the money you’d normally spend on takeout or dinner with friends into savings each time you’re able to resist the temptation to spend on meals out. Seeing your savings account balance grow can be an excellent motivator to stick with the savings habit (welcome to the life of a frugal foodie!).

Savings for retirement, a vacation or a rainy day – whatever you use your savings for, we’re here to help.

With our Regular Savings account, you get a trusted and traditional savings tool.

With an attractive interest rate and low minimum opening balance, your rainy-day fund will be ready to grow.

Bill Shoubless

Jun 11, 2019, 7:04:37 PM6/11/19
to guaranty-bank-tr...@googlegroups.com

Cap-Rates.jpg

PREMIER MONEY MARKET

For everyone looking for an attractive interest rate, the search stops here.

Save more and earn more with the Premier Money Market account. You'll be able to earn an attractive interest rate and still be able to write a few checks each month.

Account Details:

  • Minimum Opening Balance of $2,500
  • Interest-Bearing Account1
  • Minimum daily balance to avoid service charge: $2,500

If you're unsure where your money goes each month, learn how to use this banking tool.

Do you ever wonder at the end of the month where all your money went? If so, you’re not alone. Richmond Howard, 25, and his wife McKinzie Howard, 24, didn’t know why they never had any leftover cash to put into savings.

“About a year into our marriage, we realized that we had no idea where our money was going,” says Richmond Howard, a student ministry director in Houston who also runs a personal finance website for new grads called PF Geeks. “We both had great jobs, yet our savings were barely inching upwards.”

When the Howards decided to create a budget and use a checking account as a budgeting tool, their savings skyrocketed. In the year after they adopted their budget, they said they were able to save six times what they had saved the year before. Meal planning, cutting back on cable and not splurging on luxuries were key to their success.

“The not so secret advantage of budgeting is that it forces you to watch what you spend each month,” Howard says.

Maintain your savings momentum

Figuring out how to save money with a checking account is the first step toward growing your savings. The second is making sure that you’re saving consistently. Setting some savings goals can give you a reason to stay the course.

When setting goals, remember to be specific about what you’re saving for, whether it’s a vacation, a new car or some rainy day cash for your emergency fund. Choose goals that are realistic, and give yourself a time frame for reaching them. Putting these tips to save money with your checking account into practice regularly could bring a big financial payoff over time.

Bill Shoubless

Jun 11, 2019, 7:24:34 PM6/11/19
to Guaranty Bank Trust Austin 78772

Cash can certainly be used to help you stick to a budget. In fact, the envelope budgeting method suggests that you withdraw your monthly budget in cash each month and divide it into envelopes representing your budget categories. That way, once you’ve spent all of the money in an envelope or category, you know that you’ve hit your budget cap and won’t risk overspending.

But Denis Trufin, 28, founder of TruFinancials—which discusses investing, personal finance and retirement planning—recommends an alternative method: tracking your cash flow with a checking account.

“When you use a checking account as a budgeting tool, you can track all your income and expenditures in real time,” Trufin says. When you log into online or mobile banking, you can easily see all of your transactions in one place and monitor your spending history.

“You’ll be able to recall how that money was spent versus using only cash and forgetting exact totals and where it went,” Trufin adds.

PREMIER MONEY MARKET

Save more and earn more with the Premier Money Market account. You'll be able to earn an attractive interest rate and still be able to write a few checks each month.

If you track your cash flow with a checking account, you can then adjust your budget and spending from week to week or month to month.

Use direct deposits and automatic transfers

Budgeting isn’t just about how you spend your money. It’s also about optimizing your cash flow, or the total amount of money you have coming in and going out of your account.

If you want to become an expert at how to budget with a checking account, consider direct deposits. If you have your paychecks automatically deposited into your checking account, for example, they’ll be quickly available to cover your bills and expenses, and you’ll also have confidence that cash is in your account to avoid overdrafting. Time-saving bonus: Having your employer automatically deposit your paycheck into your account will mean that you don’t have to do it yourself.

When figuring out how to use a checking account as a budgeting tool, also consider setting up automatic transfers to other types of accounts, like a savings account. This way, you can ensure money you’ve earmarked for savings actually makes it to savings (and doesn’t go from checking to an impulse splurge).

Bill Shoubless

Jun 11, 2019, 7:30:21 PM6/11/19
to Guaranty Bank Trust Austin 78772

credit-score-needed-personal-loan.jpg

If you’ve ever felt like you’re forgetting something on your to-do list—ugh, the utilities bill… that was it—you know the sting of regret that can come from a missed payment. You may also be all too familiar with how unexpected late fees or interest charges can bust your budget. If you use your checking account as a budgeting tool and leverage the automatic bill pay feature, you can cross paying the bills off your to-do list and let your bank do the remembering for you.

“I use automatic bill pay for all of my regular monthly expenses,” says Joel Parker, 29, the founder of Financial Freedom Community, a blog that helps people increase their wealth. “This makes life so much easier.”

Trufin agrees. “Having automatic bill pay saves you time from having to mail out a check or even having to go onto the bill site to pay your account,” he says.

When you automate, pay attention to when you schedule your payments to hit. You can schedule payments according to when you have sufficient funds in your account, like right after you get paid, but be mindful of when the bills are due, too.

In this day and age, you can do pretty much anything online. That’s why Guaranty Bank & Trust lets you bank anywhere, anytime with our online banking solutions. Whether you need to move some money around, stay on top of your bills, or pay back your friend, you can do it all on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Doesn't get easier than that.

Stay on top of your money and never miss a beat with Guaranty Bank & Trust’s online banking systems. On the go or across the globe, you’ll be able to access your accounts, schedule payments, receive text alerts, and do so much more.

As if all that weren’t enough, we also give it all to you with no monthly service fee.

Features Include:

  • View checking, savings, and loan information
  • Transfer money between accounts
  • Schedule bill payments in advance or set recurring payments
  • Receive text alerts
  • View E-Statements
  • Create stop payment orders on checks
  • No Monthly Service Fee
  • Download your banking transactions into Quicken® and many other personal financial systems.

And much, much more!Security Features:

  • Firewall and intrusion detection systems to prohibit unauthorized access.
  • Encryption of sensitive information that is transmitted over the mobile internet browser
  • Secure access to your Online Banking profile through password protection and multi-layered security features.

Bill Shoubless

Jun 11, 2019, 7:35:48 PM6/11/19
to Guaranty Bank Trust Austin 78772

Young or old, any age is a good time to plan for the future with our trusted IRA investment options.

If you think saving for retirement isn’t a priority, think again. Whether you’re working your first job or your twentieth, we want to help you plan for the road ahead. Don't know where to start? Come see us - that's what we're here for!

  • Minimum Opening Balance of $500
  • Interest-Bearing Account1
  • Investment terms ranging from 3 months to 5 years
  • May incur penalties for early withdrawal

Be ready for what’s ahead.

Get a head start with investments from elsewhere.

You can move retirement savings from other accounts into one of our IRA CDs in two ways.

It all adds up to more freedom down the road.

See how our IRA CD interest rates compound your money over time so your earnings are there when you’re ready to retire.

Know your limits. Opens modal dialog

IRA CDs do have contribution limits.

Use this calculator to determine the max you can invest.