Our Flyer. How could we improve it?

Seon-Wook Park

Nov 26, 2013, 5:52:19 PM11/26/13
to gso...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I have designed a simple flyer based on thoughts I have had recently.
The focus is on the slogan "Flip bits, not burgers", which would hopefully catch the viewer's attention, as well as a sneaky mention of the fact that attendees will be able to meet us and some Googlers.

You can view a HQ version at: http://i.imgur.com/agM5chd.png

When we're happy with it, I will print them as soon as possible and distribute them around campus.

If anyone would like to help me in this, I would more than appreciate the help!

Best,
Wookie

Sabina Sara Pfister

Nov 27, 2013, 3:52:45 AM11/27/13
to gso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seon, I like it!

My sister commented that has a typical nerd look :)

I'll be able to print out the poster tomorrow (morning), I'll just wait for your your ok.
Btw, I need an higher resolution for the poster (A0, 300 dpi at least -> 9933 pixels x 14043 pixels

thanks,
Sabina

Seon-Wook Park

Nov 27, 2013, 6:04:28 AM11/27/13
to Sabina Sara Pfister, gso...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sabina,

A typical nerd look is a good thing, I suppose!

This is the highest resolution I could get:
http://files.swook.net/GSoC/GSoC%20Flyer%20HQ.png
The blurriness of the logo makes it look bad though... Would an A3 or
A2 poster not suffice?

Here's a smaller image for general feedback:
http://files.swook.net/GSoC/GSoC%20Flyer.png
and the Inkscape source in case anyone would like to have a go at
editing it: http://files.swook.net/GSoC/GSoC%20Flyer.svg

Since the last e-mail, I've made the "Flip bits," text more obviously
monospace, and boldified the time, location and date of our talk.

Best,
Wookie

Sabina Sara Pfister

Nov 27, 2013, 3:21:41 PM11/27/13
to gso...@googlegroups.com, Sabina Sara Pfister
ok, that's gonna do. I'll see for the size, smaller ones should be fine too.

Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo

Nov 27, 2013, 4:12:09 PM11/27/13
to gso...@googlegroups.com
I think that looks awesome! Nice job!

Renato M.

2013/11/27 Sabina Sara Pfister <xan...@gmail.com>
ok, that's gonna do. I'll see for the size, smaller ones should be fine too.

Seon-Wook Park

Nov 27, 2013, 6:01:18 PM11/27/13
to gso...@googlegroups.com
I've printed approximately 200 flyers (size A6), and plan on
distributing them around lunch time at the entrance to the
Polyterrasse, tomorrow.

Would anyone at ETH like to join me?

Wookie

On 27 November 2013 22:12, Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo