Re: When Growl notification arrives run shell script for blink(1)

Daniel Siemer

Dec 30, 2012, 8:20:26 AM12/30/12
to Growl Discuss
Growl 2.1 will be bringing a Script action capable of running either
shell scripts or AppleScripts. This will be a 10.8+ feature though as
Growl 2.0+ is sandboxed, and the tool we need to run arbitrary user
scripts while under sandboxing is a 10.8+ feature.

On Dec 29, 8:25 pm, Tommy Frössman <tommy.fross...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm fooling around a bit with the ThingM Blink(1) LED notification device.
>
> One thing that would be great is to be able to forward events from growl to
> the Blink(1) device, easiest way to do this is to just being able to pass
> notifications to a shell script that runs their command line "Blink1 tool"
> binary that activates the LED(s).
>
> Is it possible to achieve an action such as running a local shell script
> when Growl gets a notification ? I have unfortunately not found such a
> feature yet.
>
> And if it's not possible is this a feature being planned or could one solve
> this problem any other way?
>
> Best Regards Tommy Frössman

Christopher Forsythe

Dec 31, 2012, 9:54:10 AM12/31/12
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Growl 2.1 is currently in Alpha testing, and slated for beta testing at the end of the month. Once we're happy with where it's at, we'll submit it to apple. We do not have a final release time frame for it.

Chris

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Benjamin ROUGIER <benro...@free.fr> wrote:
Hello,

I am also very interested in this feature.

Good news is that planned for v2.1.

but I do not understand, it will be necessary to have OSX 10.8 to enjoy it?

An idea of the time before the release of v2.1?

Many Thanks

Chris Forsythe

Benjamin ROUGIER

Dec 31, 2012, 10:20:18 AM12/31/12
to Growl Discuss
Thank you for your answer but what about the necessity of 10.8 ?

On 31 déc, 15:54, Christopher Forsythe <ch...@growl.info> wrote:
> Growl 2.1 is currently in Alpha testing, and slated for beta testing at the
> end of the month. Once we're happy with where it's at, we'll submit it to
> apple. We do not have a final release time frame for it.
>
> Chris
>
> @The_Tick <http://twitter.com/The_Tick>

Christopher Forsythe

Dec 31, 2012, 11:26:49 AM12/31/12
to growld...@googlegroups.com
10.7 does not have the appropriate sandboxable api calls that 10.8 does.

Benjamin ROUGIER

Jan 1, 2013, 10:49:49 PM1/1/13
to growld...@googlegroups.com
thank you,

It is there a way to be notified of the release of the beta version?

for information, examples of script ataddresses:
do not want to open it in the editor Applescript.
An error indicates that the script contains only one executable at the opening.

Christopher Forsythe

Jan 2, 2013, 9:40:26 AM1/2/13
to growld...@googlegroups.com
You tried opening them in applescript studio?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/growldiscuss/-/qgx-ix5OHrgJ.

Chris Forsythe

Benjamin ROUGIER

Jan 2, 2013, 12:45:26 PM1/2/13
to growld...@googlegroups.com
not, with Applescript Editor

And what about my other question about the beta?