XPC Services codesign trouble

Anakin Zheng

Oct 28, 2012, 6:49:28 PM10/28/12
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Puzzled by a problem I met these days.
I run the xpc-rename-move.rb after compile, and said "Code resign valid"

But when I submit it to MAS, the system told me:

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "diumoo". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

App sandbox not enabled - The following executables must include the "com.apple.security.app-sandbox" entitlement with a Boolean value of true in the entitlements property list. Refer to the App Sandbox page for more information on sandboxing your app.

  • diumoo.app/Contents/XPCServices/com.diumoo.diumoo.GNTPClientService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.diumoo.diumoo.GNTPClientService

Once these issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary." Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team

Is there anything wrong with the codesign?

Thanks & Best regards
Anakin

Christopher Forsythe

Oct 28, 2012, 11:33:19 PM10/28/12
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Can you run this against the GNTPClientService that it's complaining about?

codesign -vvv

Let's see if that points us to the right problem.

Chris

Rudy

Oct 29, 2012, 3:21:24 PM10/29/12
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
is the binary in question something that you could upload somewhere? its probably easier for us to dissect and find the problem than going back and forth with commands to run.

-rudy

Anakin Zheng

Oct 30, 2012, 7:05:56 PM10/30/12
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply, due to hurricane Sandy, the place where I am has no power now, and maybe this situation will last for more days.
I'll back to you ASAP.

Anakin Zheng

Christopher Forsythe

Oct 30, 2012, 9:49:06 PM10/30/12
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
No rush then, be safe.

Chris

Anakin Zheng

Oct 31, 2012, 9:31:45 PM10/31/12
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
AnakinGWYtekiMacBook-Pro:~ anakingwy$ codesign -vvv /Volumes/MacData/Programming/Xcode\ Data/Derived\ Data/diumoo-fejnnxscvsfnhrackszgdicmnrxl/Build/Products/Release/diumoo.app/Contents/XPCServices/com.diumoo.diumoo.GNTPClientService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.diumoo.diumoo.GNTPClientService
/Volumes/MacData/Programming/Xcode Data/Derived Data/diumoo-fejnnxscvsfnhrackszgdicmnrxl/Build/Products/Release/diumoo.app/Contents/XPCServices/com.diumoo.diumoo.GNTPClientService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.diumoo.diumoo.GNTPClientService: valid on disk
/Volumes/MacData/Programming/Xcode Data/Derived Data/diumoo-fejnnxscvsfnhrackszgdicmnrxl/Build/Products/Release/diumoo.app/Contents/XPCServices/com.diumoo.diumoo.GNTPClientService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.diumoo.diumoo.GNTPClientService: satisfies its Designated Requirement

Thanks

Oliver Bolton

Nov 5, 2012, 6:25:02 AM11/5/12
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
I'm experiencing this same issue when submitting to MAS. Any solution much appreciated.

Christopher Forsythe

Nov 5, 2012, 11:32:06 AM11/5/12
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
To quote Rudy:

" is the binary in question something that you could upload somewhere? its probably easier for us to dissect and find the problem than going back and forth with commands to run. "

Chris

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/growl-development/-/p88bdVUM19YJ.

Chris Forsythe

Christopher Forsythe

Nov 6, 2012, 10:13:48 AM11/6/12
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Try running these against the xpc:

codesign -d --entitlements
codesign -dvvvv

Chris

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/growl-development/-/DbstQI3kgbgJ.

Chris Forsythe

Rudy Richter

Nov 6, 2012, 10:29:29 AM11/6/12
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
only you got it wrong...

codesign -d --entitlements - /path/to/xpc/in/app/bundle
codesign -dvvvv /path/to/xpc/in/app/bundle

-rudy

Oliver Bolton

Nov 8, 2012, 6:52:42 AM11/8/12
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
Same problem/output from codesign as reported here:

Terry Chou

Apr 21, 2013, 10:43:00 PM4/21/13
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
encountered the same problem, did someone get the solution already?

kar...@briksoftware.com

May 5, 2013, 12:14:11 PM5/5/13
to growl-de...@googlegroups.com
i've had the same issue and fixed it using the following procedure (available at: https://gist.github.com/karstenBriksoft/5308470)

replace _appName_ with the name of your app (i.e. Contacts.app)

- open Terminal window
find /var/folders -name _appName_ 2>/dev/null
- delete all folders that were found

- build & archive _appName_
- open archive in Finder, locate _appName_

- open gdb
attach -waitfor productbuild

- in Xcode distribute to app store
- wait until gdb halts
- open new terminal
find /var/folders -name _appName_ 2>/dev/null
- open folder that was found
- delete _appName_
- copy _appName_ from Archive to the folder were it was deleted
- back to gdb

- wait until _appName_ uploaded
- wait until the review status changed from "Upload Received" to "Waiting for Review"
- verfiy entitlements are correct by viewing the "binary details" in iTunes Connect