URI is not hierarchical

Jason Crawford

May 25, 2016, 5:43:19 PM5/25/16
to Gremlin-users

Hi Developers and Testers of TP3 graph's,
    If you're building a graph implementation and see the message above during testing phase, look at the comment in the TestHelper.java file related to build.dir.  It will explain that the TinkerPop build makes things work by adjusting the pom.xml.   You can look in tinkergraph-gremlin/pom.xml for an example.

I hope this info saves you some time.

J.

Jason Plurad

May 25, 2016, 6:21:38 PM5/25/16
to Gremlin-users
Thanks for the heads up, Jason.

TL;DR for those interested:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-tinkerpop/blob/3.2.0-incubating/gremlin-test/src/main/java/org/apache/tinkerpop/gremlin/TestHelper.java#L99-L103
https://github.com/apache/incubator-tinkerpop/blob/3.2.0-incubating/pom.xml#L1007

        // build.dir gets sets during runs of tests with maven via the surefire configuration in the pom.xml
        // if that is not set as an environment variable, then the path is computed based on the location of the
        // requested class.  the computed version at least as far as intellij is concerned comes drops it into
        // /target/test-classes.  the build.dir had to be added because maven doesn't seem to like a computed path
        // as it likes to find that path in the .m2 directory and other weird places......

I also ran into this recently in IoGraphTest. I think I have a fix for it that can help avoid having to set that property.

Since my project has a dependency on TinkerPop, the TP jars are loaded into my local Maven repo, then ultimately the TestHelper was trying to create a temp file underneath the gremlin-core.jar file under .m2.

Jason, see also this thread brewing on the dev list regarding graph provider docs https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/Ze7x7ga2ft7bezn

-- Jason

Stephen Mallette

May 25, 2016, 6:43:12 PM5/25/16
to Gremlin-users
see - those are the kinds of things i just sorta know, but don't realize are a problem for folks. documentation help in that regard would be most awesome.

Mathias Bogaert

May 26, 2016, 8:13:54 AM5/26/16
to Gremlin-users
+1 - we're also seeing this issue, but we're building using SBT.