TinkerPop3 3.0.0.M1 Released -- A Gremlin Raga in 7/16 Time

Marko Rodriguez

Aug 12, 2014, 5:17:08 PM8/12/14
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

TinkerPop3 3.0.0.M1 "A Gremlin Rāga in 7/16 Time" is now released and ready for use.

http://tinkerpop.com (downloads and docs)

IMPORTANT: TinkerPop3 requires Java8.

We would like both developers and vendors to play with this release and provide feedback as we move forward towards M2, …, then GA.

1. Is the API how you like it?
2. Is it easy to implement the interfaces for your graph engine?
3. Is the documentation clear?
4. Are there VertexProgram algorithms that you would like to have?
5. Are there Gremlin steps that you would like to have?
6. etc...

For the above, as well as for bugs, the issue tracker is open and ready for submissions:

TinkerPop3 is the culmination of a huge effort from numerous individuals. You can see the developers and vendors that have provided their support through the years.
(the documentation may take time to load due to all the graphics in the single HTML)

Enjoy!,
Marko.

NOTE: When using Giraph-Gremlin, you will need to install the Giraph-Gremlin plugin.
- GIRAPH_GREMLIN_HOME needs to be set so jars can be uploaded to Hadoop. Unfortunately, Giraph-Gremlin looks for the jars in lib/ off that directory.
- This is great if you are a developer as you just point it to your target/ directory. But for users………..dah.
- Copy the plugin jars in gremlin-console/ext/giraph-gremlin to a gremlin-console/ext/giraph-gremlin/lib. (cp *.jar lib/)
- Set GIRAPH-GREMLIN_HOME to gremlin-console/ext/giraph-gremlin
- This is a post-release realization that will be rectified in the next release… bummer.

Stephen Mallette

Aug 12, 2014, 5:29:35 PM8/12/14
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Looks like there was a broken link for TinkerPop Contributors in Marko's original announcement.  This should work:

Note that we have a number of new members to the TinkerPop:

Inline image 2

Daniel Kuppitz - TinkerPop community support
Michael Pollmeier - Primary contributor to Gremlin-Scala
Jean-Baptiste Musso - Development on a number of TinkerPop libraries including gRex and will be working on gremlin-js
Bob Briody - the "Wolf Spider" will be working on gremlin-js and "Gremlin Dashboard"
Mike Personick - BigData representative
Michael Hackstein - ArangoDB representative
Michael McMahon - FoundationDB representative
Ryan Webb - Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory representative (AccumuloGraph)
Avery Ching - Apache Giraph representative

Thanks for everyone's support!

Best regards,

Stephen

Michael Pollmeier

Aug 13, 2014, 5:44:27 AM8/13/14
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Good effort, guys!

A first version of Gremlin-Scala implements about 60% of the steps and features full type safety for your graph adventures. Check out the readme for more details:
https://github.com/mpollmeier/gremlin-scala/tree/tinkerpop3

If anyone wants to help, there's a few pointers for interesting areas in the readme.
Michael

Dmill

Aug 14, 2014, 3:47:51 AM8/14/14
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Awesome.
I'll look into implementing a PHP driver for this version as well.