A question regarding sparql endpoint

Maxx

Sep 16, 2014, 1:46:17 PM9/16/14
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all I am really sorry to be asking this question on your forum. I understand your focus is on Gremlin. However, I have been struggling with this for quite sometime now and did not know where I could ask this question to get a helpful response. I am doing a project for my master thesis that requires me to benchmark some graph data stores for rdf storage and sparql querying. I was able to load the data using tinkerpop blueprints. My next task is to query the stored data using a sparql endpoint for my test driver, I have been strugglinf with this for quite sometime and I am hoping someone can shed some light in this area. So, here is the question:

I have created a SAIL object using tinkerpop blueprints to load RDF data into a Graph database. Ive successfully managed to load the data. The Graph database in question does not have a sparql endpoint to run my query mix test driver. Does anyone know if it possible and if so then how to make a sparql endpoint accessible to my test driver java code over an HTTP server? the sparql endpoint needs to be of the form http:// (somehost) /sparql (I will be sending it as a commandline argument to my benchmark test driver). I am aware 4store, BigData, Neo4j and some other stores have their own built in sparql servers for querying. I am wondering if it is possible to make a sparql server like that available for my Sail object store if the underlying graph database does not provide its own implementation of the server.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Mallette

Sep 17, 2014, 6:18:54 AM9/17/14
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
it's perhaps a bit of an unknown feature, but Rexster does have a sparql extension:

I haven't tried it out in years, but I would assume it is still good to go.

HTH,

Stephen

Message has been deleted

Maxx

Oct 2, 2014, 7:15:34 AM10/2/14
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Stephen!

I learnt a lot in the process of configuring!

I was able to configure my graph (orientgraph) in rexster, but kibbles is unable to recognize it as a SailGraph (as discussed http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25874497/sparql-endpoint-for-sail-object). I got the following message on running a sparql query:

{"message":"the graph to which this extension is applied is not a SailGraph implementation","api":{"description":"execute SPARQL queries against a SAIL graph.","parameters":{"rexster.returnKeys":"an array of element property keys to return (default is to return all element properties)","query":"the SPARQL query to be evaluated","rexster.showTypes":"displays the properties of the elements with their native data type (default is false)"}},"success":false}

I cannot do anything more here using kibbles or?

Best,
Maxxie

Stephen Mallette

Oct 2, 2014, 7:28:30 AM10/2/14
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
As I stated in the comments of that SO question, I can't offer much more except to say that you can communicate via RexPro or the REST Gremlin Extension and in those requests, you simply wrap your OrientDB instance in a GraphSail Ouplementation (https://github.com/tinkerpop/blueprints/wiki/Sail-Ouplementation) then issue your sparql to that.  You will have to wrap your OrientDB instance in GraphSail on every single request with the REST Gremlin Extension.  If you used RexPro with a session i guess you could do that once and then reference the wrapped SailGraph on future requests.