New Group Policy - Shift towards positive stories

orang...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2018, 1:09:20 PM10/11/18
to Green-India
Hello Green-India

Yesterday, Oct 10 2018, was the 13th anniversary of Green-India. Happy birthday to us! As the group steps into its teens I am turning over a new leaf. :-) It will no longer be called Green-India: India's Energy Future and Sustainable Living.

In recognition of the role of spirituality in environment, the group will now be called:

Green-India: Ecology and Higher Consciousness

As you may imagine, this will entail a change in discussion topics. If I am to summarise the nature of change, it will be towards positive stories that are inspirational, have a human or personal element, and are borne of a recognition that our consciousness - the sum of our beliefs, thoughts, emotions and senses - determines the shape of the material world and what we experience in it. This recognition will be more widely understood in coming years and will play a transformative role in all aspects of our lives - science, business, society, religion, politics, entertainment, environment, and so on.

While some topics remain unchanged, others are no longer permitted and yet others represent the change in direction.

Following topics are still welcome
Renewable energy
Energy efficiency
Green buildings
Electric vehicles

Following topics are no longer permitted
All discussions relating to policy and the lack of it
Policy advocacy and call-to-action campaigns
Grim climate science
Doomsday commentaries / predictions etc
Resource depletion stories / analyses etc
All negative stories based on fear or perceived injustice

Following are new topics or new emphasis
Homesteading
Consciousness as a fundamental force in universe
Emotions and feelings in relation to ecological living
Personal stories of ecology and spirituality
Emphasis on decentralised or off-grid energy
Positive, uplifting stories

In short, despair is out and hope is in. I have little doubt that these will be ideas and discussions that you will enjoy to read and participate. I can hardly wait to see the shape this will take.

Thanks,
Manu