Call for Summer of Code 2017 proposals!

Jeffrey Warren

Mar 1, 2017, 11:31:09 AM3/1/17
to publicla...@googlegroups.com, grassroo...@googlegroups.com, plot...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org

We're part of two different summer fellowship programs this year, Rails Girls Summer of Code (#RGSoC) and Google Summer of Code (#GSoC) -- both recruit software contributors to work on open source projects, and both provide a scholarship or stipend for a summer's work.

These provide a key opportunity to improve, expand, and refine Public Lab's free and open source software.

We've done GSoC for a few years now, and are really excited to be part of RGSoC this year. They write:

All people with non-binary gender identities or who identify as women (transgender or cisgender) are welcome to apply.

So, we're asking students from both programs to start posting their proposals for comment, here. Read on!

Deadlines

RGSoC's application deadline is the 8th of March. GSoC's is April 30th.