Re: [PLOTS] mapping technologies for edible forest gardens?

Mathew Lippincott

Apr 11, 2014, 5:21:54 PM4/11/14
to publicla...@googlegroups.com, grassroo...@googlegroups.com
I've worked with the Beacon Food Forest team, and they've done dozens of charrettes with huge sheets of paper, with one team collating design ideas on a giant white board.  I don't think digital technologies are good enough at public engagement to be used for participatory landscape design.

In terms of mapping the development of the forest, Ecosynth might be useful for watching canopy cover develop.  I think pole mapping is also a useful thing in confined areas.   You might consider public engagement with a Picture Post as well.

over the long-term, the biggest issue is flagging what can be eaten, and when.  That is a sticky issue.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Ronni Montoya <ronni....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi list, im starting a project of developing an edible forest garden in Peru.
Im interesting about the posibilities of using  mapping technologies
for edible forest gardens.
Do you know about projects involving this? or people working on
something similar?

Which technologies do you think can be useful for edible forest garden
desing and maintainance?

any idea would be appreaciate, thanks in advance.

R.

***

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science" group.