Guide to hosting a balloon mapping event -- seeking input!

Jeffrey Warren

Mar 16, 2017, 3:56:50 PM3/16/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, organ...@publiclab.org
Doing a really good event to show others how to balloon map isn't hard, but it does take a some planning.

But there are many ways to run such an event, and after Liz Barry posted a short guide to it, I was able to dig up 35 different event postings from over the past few years, and connect them to her post:

Thanks to everyone who wrote up their events -- what a rich body of knowledge!

Have you run an event like this? What made it work? (mine is that you have to remind people to bring sunscreen and water...)

Reply here or leave a comment on Liz's post!

Thanks!!
Jeff

Cindy Regalado

Mar 17, 2017, 1:55:20 PM3/17/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of which...
Tomorrow we have DIY aerial mapping workshop and would love to have a London_UK mailing list in the mailing lists page... How can I set it up?
/Cindy

--
Post to this group at grassrootsmapping@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "grassrootsmapping" group.

/Cindy Regalado

Jeffrey Warren

Mar 17, 2017, 2:59:34 PM3/17/17
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Do you have a list already or want to create​ one on Google groups, like publiclab-uk or publiclab-london-uk?

Awesome!
Jeff