Announcing October's OpenHour! Such Activities Very Replication

Liz Barry

Sep 22, 2016, 12:31:13 PM9/22/16
to L...@publiclab.org

Over the past month, Public Lab built out a whole slate of new features for people to engage on the website by creating and replicating activities. Together, these present a brand new way of working collaboratively at Public Lab.

Whereas before you might have visited a tool page, but wondered how to get involved, now we’re encouraging people to share step-by-step activities for trying out new techniques, testing how well they work, and using them in monitoring. But we're just starting to try this out and we need your input, whether you're new to Public Lab or not!

On this OpenHour, we’ll be hosting a discussion on writing and sharing step-by-step activities! Join us Monday, October 3rd at 8:00pm et (12:00am GMT / 5pm PT).

** Note, this time we’ll be running the OpenHour on Zoom instead of Google Hangouts! Join us for OpenHour online with this link, or by phone on this number: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) Meeting ID: 885 929 299.

--

Liz Barry
director of community development

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

Liz Barry

Sep 30, 2016, 4:33:13 PM9/30/16
to Liz Barry
Happy Friday!

We’re happy to welcome organizers Katie Gradowski and Catherine D’Ignazio to Monday's October OpenHour! Their work as technologists and educators is at the leading edge of the culture of replication and onboarding being cultivated in Public Lab. See their work on the coqui’s “Ladder of Activities” here: https://publiclab.org/wiki/coqui