mapping urban biosphere in Jerusalem

Hagit Keysar

Apr 10, 2014, 6:22:33 AM4/10/14
to publicla...@googlegroups.com, grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Hi there

I have a question there about mapping and collecting data - especially on using geo-tagged photography, maybe the tool developed by winteroot - Rhus? for enabling residents to participate during the event and beyond it.

pls let me know if you had tried it, or some other tool, and can share from experience..

Liz Barry

Apr 10, 2014, 6:31:50 AM4/10/14
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, publicla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hagit,
Have you tried the annotation feature in mapknitter?
You can use it once you've exported your map. You will see the options on your map's page.

Hagit Keysar

Apr 10, 2014, 6:37:34 AM4/10/14
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, publicla...@googlegroups.com
I've a tried it a few months ago, good reminder
will see how we can use it
we plan to export the map and process it in tilemill
can you export the MK annotation layers? or can it work together with the mapbox platform?

Liz Barry

Apr 10, 2014, 6:47:05 AM4/10/14
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, publicla...@googlegroups.com
Currently there's not a way to export annotations you add in mapknitter, and they don't show up on embedded maps but only when you look at a map inside mapknitter.
I have filed a bug related to this "annotation not visible in embedded maps"

But perhaps if you are planning a tilemill project, you have more complex graphic ideas in mind than what we originally designed mapknitter's annotation features for. However, if you could describe precisely what you are looking to do, perhaps it can inform how we expand mapknitter. It would be helpful to understand your use case.

Hagit Keysar

Apr 10, 2014, 6:51:36 AM4/10/14
to publicla...@googlegroups.com, grassroo...@googlegroups.com
sure, will do that soon. once we collect the data and start the process.
thanks!

***

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science" group.

Jeffrey Warren

Apr 10, 2014, 9:49:40 AM4/10/14
to publicla...@googlegroups.com, grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Also, it'd be pretty easy to add an annotation export feature. What format would you want it in? GeoJSON? KML?

Liz Barry

Apr 11, 2014, 3:46:10 AM4/11/14
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, publicla...@googlegroups.com
sure, or csv?

Hagit Keysar

Apr 12, 2014, 4:27:05 PM4/12/14
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, publicla...@googlegroups.com
Not sure yet, I'll get back to you about this
thnxx