[ANN] Grails 2.4.5 and Grails 2.5.0 released

Lari Hotari

Mar 25, 2015, 2:41:30 AM3/25/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce the releases of Grails 2.4.5 and 2.5.0 .
Please see the following links for further information:

Grails 2.4.5

Grails 2.5.0

Thanks for all those who contributed issue reports and fixes.

Grails 2.5.0 highlights

Grails 2.5.0 contains all of the fixes that Grails 2.4.5 contains. Grails 2.5.x will become the maintenance line for Grails 2.x .
The main changes compared to Grails 2.4.x are the dependency changes:

• Spring 4.1.x (current version 4.1.5.RELEASE)
• Groovy 2.4.x (current version 2.4.3)

At the moment gvmtool contains invalid download urls for Grails 2.4.5 and Grails 2.5.0 releases. It will take a few hours to resolve that problem. Thanks for the patience.

Regards,

Lari

zyro

Mar 25, 2015, 5:06:30 AM3/25/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
very nice. having a spring-4.1 based 2.x maintenance line will ease the
transition to 3.0.

thank you! zyro
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grails-dev-discuss/1A5A3312-136B-4F81-A483-C3CA657649EF%40pivotal.io
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grails-dev-discuss/1A5A3312-136B-4F81-A483-C3CA657649EF%40pivotal.io?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Benoit Hediard

Mar 25, 2015, 5:35:17 AM3/25/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Lari!

I did a quick try on one of our apps.
No issue on Grails 2.4.5.
But when running Grails 2.5.0, I've got the following exception during app startup:

2015-03-25 10:27:43,818 ERROR GrailsContextLoaderListener - Error initializing the application: Error creating bean with name 'defaultGrailslongConverter': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.springframework.web.servlet.LocaleResolver org.grails.databinding.converters.web.LocaleAwareNumberConverter.localeResolver; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.access$100(Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/annotation/AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor;)Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/config/ConfigurableListableBeanFactory;
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'defaultGrailslongConverter': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.springframework.web.servlet.LocaleResolver org.grails.databinding.converters.web.LocaleAwareNumberConverter.localeResolver; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.access$100(Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/annotation/AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor;)Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/config/ConfigurableListableBeanFactory;
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.springframework.web.servlet.LocaleResolver org.grails.databinding.converters.web.LocaleAwareNumberConverter.localeResolver; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.access$100(Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/annotation/AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor;)Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/config/ConfigurableListableBeanFactory;
... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.access$100(Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/annotation/AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor;)Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/config/ConfigurableListableBeanFactory;
... 4 more

Anyone also got this error?

Lari Hotari

Mar 25, 2015, 10:56:10 AM3/25/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Benoit,
Thanks for running some tests with Grails 2.5.0 and reporting that problem. Based on the stack trace it looks like there are several Spring versions on the class path.
Could you check the dependencies report? Another way to check dependencies is to create a war file and check if there is different versions of Spring in WEB-INF/lib.

Lari

Benoit Hediard

Mar 25, 2015, 11:14:01 AM3/25/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Ok, my bad, when running it from the command line, it works fine.
I only got the issue when running the app through IntelliJ (latest version).

I tried to run a brand new Grails 2.5.0 app with IntelliJ and it also worked fine.
So it’s definitely an issue with this particular project, I might try to rebuild the IntelliJ project to solve the issue.

Thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Grails Dev Discuss" group.

Aaron

Mar 25, 2015, 1:16:26 PM3/25/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
zyro,
The spring-websocket plugin is still pulling in 4.0.7 dependencies as of 1.2.0. I know you have a 2.0 branch for Grails 3.0. Will you be releasing a version based on Spring 4.1 for use with Grails 2.5.0?

-Thanks,
Aaron
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to grails-dev-discuss+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

zyro

Mar 26, 2015, 4:25:48 AM3/26/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
hi,

ill see what i can do. will focus on ensuring compatibility to
spring-4.1.x with the feature-set of the current plugin version 1.2.x.

https://github.com/zyro23/grails-spring-websocket/issues/22

> [...]

>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could
>>> not autowire field: private
>>> org.springframework.web.servlet.LocaleResolver
>>> org.grails.databinding.converters.web.LocaleAwareNumberConverter.localeResolver;
>>> nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.access$100(Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/annotation/AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor;)Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/config/ConfigurableListableBeanFactory;/
>>> /... 4 more/
>>> /Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.access$100(Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/annotation/AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor;)Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/config/ConfigurableListableBeanFactory;/

zyro

Mar 26, 2015, 5:17:26 AM3/26/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
just released a 1.3.0 that should be compatible with
spring-4.1.5/grails-2.5.0.

for a quick and dirty test, i updated the
grails-spring-websocket-sample-events app which plays around a bit with
reactor. seems to work just fine.

aaron: feedback if it goes that smooth on your end or if you are facing
any difficulties would be helpful. do not hesitate to open github issues.

Dominic Fui Dodzi-Nusenu

Mar 26, 2015, 6:19:18 AM3/26/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
I still use the spring-websocket library for 1.2.0, should I update it
to use the grails-spring-websocket in my buildConfig.groovy file or I
can just keep using that and update it to 1.3.0 ?
--
Fui Nusenu
twitter: @daptordarattler

zyro

Mar 26, 2015, 6:23:19 AM3/26/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
for grails-2.5.0, use
compile ":spring-websocket:1.3.0"

the renaming to "grails-spring-websocket" just took place on the master
branch (grails 3) to avoid a jar naming conflict with spring-websocket
(the one from the spring framework ;))

Dominic Fui Dodzi-Nusenu

Mar 26, 2015, 6:36:44 AM3/26/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Nice...Thanks

Eric Helgeson

Mar 26, 2015, 5:02:28 PM3/26/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hey Benoit, I experienced the same issue (can run via cli - grails run-app, but not Iintelij 14.1). You find a way around it?

Cleared out everything in the project and re-imported it into Intelij. Also tried removing all but the core plugins, still no go.

Same project runs fine with grails 2.4.5.

The war only has 1 version of spring:
./lib/grails-spring-2.5.0.jar
./lib/spring-aop-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-aspects-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-beans-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-context-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-context-support-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-core-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-expression-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-jdbc-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-orm-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-security-core-3.2.3.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-security-web-3.2.3.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-tx-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-web-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar
./lib/spring-webmvc-4.1.5.RELEASE.jar

InteliJ is running this command, doesn't look like anything extra is getting included in the classpath -
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_40.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=127.0.0.1:61748,suspend=y,server=n -Dgrails.home=/Users/erichelgeson/.gvm/grails/2.5.0 -Dbase.dir=/Users/erichelgeson/source/testapp -Dtools.jar=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_40.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/tools.jar -Dgroovy.starter.conf=/Users/erichelgeson/.gvm/grails/2.5.0/conf/groovy-starter.conf -Xmx768M -Xms768M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:PermSize=256m -javaagent:/Users/erichelgeson/.gvm/grails/2.5.0/lib/org.springframework/springloaded/jars/springloaded-1.2.3.RELEASE.jar -noverify -Dspringloaded=profile=grails -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath "/Users/erichelgeson/.gvm/grails/2.5.0/lib/org.codehaus.groovy/groovy-all/jars/groovy-all-2.4.3.jar:/Users/erichelgeson/.gvm/grails/2.5.0/dist/grails-bootstrap-2.5.0.jar:/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA 14.app/Contents/lib/idea_rt.jar" org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.GrailsStarter --main org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.GrailsScriptRunner --conf /Users/erichelgeson/.gvm/grails/2.5.0/conf/groovy-starter.conf "run-app -plain-output"
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to grails-dev-discuss+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Florian Mutter

Mar 27, 2015, 3:15:44 AM3/27/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
I got the same problem. My colleague has no problem running the application in the 14.1 version of IntelliJ on Linux, I'm on OS X. Invalidating the IntelliJ caches doesn't help either.

Ronny Løvtangen

Mar 27, 2015, 3:35:55 AM3/27/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Grails 2.5.0 ships with com.h2database:h2 version 1.3.176. This version seems to have issues opening files created by previous versions, ref http://osdir.com/ml/h2-database/2014-06/msg00007.html
Fails with
   org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Unique index or primary key violation: "PRIMARY KEY ON """".PAGE_INDEX"; SQL statement:

I solved it by downgrading to 1.3.175.

Regards,
Ronny

Florian Mutter

Mar 27, 2015, 3:38:21 AM3/27/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for double post, but I just noticed that it works in forked mode but not if fork ist set to false.

Oschwald Robert

Mar 27, 2015, 3:41:10 AM3/27/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Florian,
is it possible to use breakpoints when running in forked mode?
In 2.4.4, we needed  to disable forked mode to be able to debug.

Rob

Florian Mutter

Mar 27, 2015, 3:45:22 AM3/27/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
It is possible. You need a separate debug run configuration. See http://naleid.com/blog/2014/11/10/debugging-grails-forked-mode But I think this should be discussed in a separate thread.

Ronny Løvtangen

Mar 27, 2015, 4:36:24 AM3/27/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Spring-security-core remember-me with persistent token doesn’t work in Grails 2.5.0.
Fails with: HTTP Status 500 - Could not obtain current Hibernate Session; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: No Session found for current thread

Does this has has something to do with the hibernate.flush.mode fix mentioned in the release notes? (https://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-11687)

To reproduce:

- $ grails create-app testapp
- $ cd testapp
- Add spring-security-core to BuildConfig:
   compile ':spring-security-core:2.0-RC4’

- $ grails refresh-dependencies
- $ grails s2-quickstart testapp Person Role
- $ grails s2-create-persistent-token testapp.PersistentLogin
- Add a user in Boostrap.groovy:

import testapp.*

class BootStrap {

    def init = { servletContext ->
        String role = "ROLE_USER"
        if (Role.findByAuthority(role) == null) new Role(authority: role).save(flush: true)

        List<String> usernames = ['ronny']
        usernames.each {
            if (Person.findByUsername(it) == null) {
                def user = new Person(username: it, password: it)
                user.save(flush: true)
                PersonRole.create user, Role.findByAuthority(role), true
            }
        }
    }
    def destroy = {
    }
}

- $ grails run-app
- Log in with remember-me checked
- Close browser
- Reopen browser and try to access the application

Then you’ll get the following stacktrace:

| Error 2015-03-27 09:33:18,549 [http-bio-8080-exec-7] ERROR [/testapp].[gsp]  - Servlet.service() for servlet [gsp] in context with path [/testapp] threw exception
Message: Could not obtain current Hibernate Session; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: No Session found for current thread
    Line | Method
->>   63 | getTokenForSeries in grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.rememberme.GormPersistentTokenRepository
|     49 | doFilter          in grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.RequestHolderAuthenticationFilter
|     82 | doFilter . . . .  in grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter
|   1142 | runWorker         in java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
|    617 | run . . . . . . . in java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
^    745 | run               in java.lang.Thread
Caused by HibernateException: No Session found for current thread
> [...]
|   1142 | runWorker         in java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
|    617 | run . . . . . . . in java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
^    745 | run               in java.lang.Thread
Caused by HibernateException: No Session found for current thread
->>   63 | getTokenForSeries in grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.rememberme.GormPersistentTokenRepository
|     49 | doFilter          in grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.RequestHolderAuthenticationFilter
|     82 | doFilter . . . .  in grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter
|   1142 | runWorker         in java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
|    617 | run . . . . . . . in java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
^    745 | run               in java.lang.Thread

Oschwald Robert

Mar 27, 2015, 4:42:56 AM3/27/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Don’t think so. See GPSPRINGSECURITYCORE-309

Ronny Løvtangen

Mar 27, 2015, 5:07:36 AM3/27/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that seems to be the problem and solution.
That really begs for a spring-security-core v2.0-RC5 release. Lari, Graeme, Burt: is that possible?

Regards,
Ronny

Benoit Hediard

Mar 27, 2015, 7:20:28 PM3/27/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

No same issue here, I have not been able to run our app with Grails 2.5.0 and IntelliJ 14.1, even after re-creating the project.
It runs fine from the command line with grails run-app and I was able to run a brand new/empty Grails 2.5.0 app with IntelliJ

I did not have the time to experiment more on that issue.
If you find a workaround till then, let us know!

Ben

Dominic Fui Dodzi-Nusenu

Mar 30, 2015, 8:34:13 AM3/30/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
I have a problem with one of my dev teams. He runs on windows and after upgrading to 2.5.0 the run-app doesnt work, apparently the javaagent can't locate the springloaded library. After some googling it appears it needs some parenthesis around the location to the springloaded such as "C:/location to springloaded" . I want to edit the run-app option and fix this or add the javaagent to the commandline but I can't seem to get that to work..

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated

Lari Hotari

Burt Beckwith

Dominic Fui Dodzi-Nusenu

Mar 31, 2015, 11:42:49 AM3/31/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Found what I was doing wrong with this link: https://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-7936

Thanks

Ronny Løvtangen

Mar 31, 2015, 7:07:38 PM3/31/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
I’m not familiar with the H2 versioning and how stable 1.4.x is, but according to http://www.h2database.com/html/download.html it is currently beta. That’s why I downgraded to 1.3.175.

Ronny

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grails-dev-discuss/764d95c0-e1b3-4950-b16b-97637ed3ba96%40googlegroups.com.

Ильдар Гильфанов

May 13, 2015, 3:03:00 PM5/13/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com

Especially developing  Grails 2.5.0.  You find some remarks in the source code comments.

Ильдар Гильфанов

May 14, 2015, 2:31:07 PM5/14/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Example project of ready week...  Even if one comment :-(     Whether the developers came up?   It is very likely that the remarks for release Grails 3.0.1