Bug Report: link to libboost_system

Gringo

Jul 27, 2012, 8:15:22 AM7/27/12
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

First of all I'd like to thank the developers for creating the awesome gqrx application. Thanks, thanks!

I recently upgraded the boost library to 1.50.0 on my Arch Linux system. I noticed that gqrx didn't compile any longer and exited with the following:

g++ -Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro -o gqrx main.o mainwindow.o receiver.o rx_fft.o rx_filter.o rx_demod_fm.o rx_meter.o rx_demod_am.o sniffer_f.o costabf.o cafsk12.o rx_agc_xx.o agc_impl.o correct_iq_cc.o rx_noise_blanker_cc.o resampler_xx.o pa_device_list.o pa_sink.o pa_source.o dockrxopt.o freqctrl.o meter.o plotter.o ioconfig.o dockinputctl.o dockaudio.o dockfft.o dockiqplayer.o afsk1200win.o bpsk1000win.o arissattlm.o demod-options.o receiver_base.o nbrx.o scale_therm.o scale_psu.o scale_ppt.o wfmrx.o moc_mainwindow.o moc_cafsk12.o moc_freqctrl.o moc_meter.o moc_plotter.o moc_ioconfig.o moc_dockinputctl.o moc_dockaudio.o moc_dockfft.o moc_dockrxopt.o moc_dockiqplayer.o moc_afsk1200win.o moc_bpsk1000win.o moc_arissattlm.o moc_demod-options.o qrc_icons.o    -L/usr/lib -lrt -lgnuradio-audio -lpulse-simple -lpulse -lgnuradio-osmosdr -lgnuradio-core -lgruel -lfftw3f -lm -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: main.o: undefined reference to symbol '_ZN5boost6system15system_categoryEv'
/usr/bin/ld: note: '_ZN5boost6system15system_categoryEv' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/libboost_system.so.1.50.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/libboost_system.so.1.50.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
make: *** [gqrx] Error 1

I noticed that if I added -lboost_system to the last command the program compiled. I created a small patch to fix the gqrx.pro file to explicitly link to the libboost_system shared library. I guess this is not a cross-platform patch, but here it is anyway: http://db.tt/df2GmviD

gqrx links and executes perfectly after that.

Regards,
Gringo

Alexandru Csete

Jul 30, 2012, 9:23:28 AM7/30/12
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gringo,

Thanks for the heads up. I applied the change in the master branch.

Alex
> --

Message has been deleted