A bit revolutionary

Russel Winder

Mar 27, 2017, 10:24:19 AM3/27/17
to GPars Developers
I am very close to marking what is currently master as GPars_1_X and
making what is currently jdk8 as master.

I can't see any downside to doing this now. A year ago maybe not, but
now it seems the natural thing to do.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel...@ekiga.net

eve.no...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2017, 3:18:55 PM4/7/17
to GPars Developers
then this closes the door on GPars 1.x ? yes, it has to happen so we move forward. Just a thought.

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 4:24:19 PM UTC+2, Russel Winder wrote:
I am very close to marking what is currently master as GPars_1_X and
making what is currently jdk8 as master.

I can't see any downside to doing this now. A year ago maybe not, but
now it seems the natural thing to do.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russ...@ekiga.net

Russel Winder

Apr 9, 2017, 8:25:36 AM4/9/17
to eve.no...@gmail.com, GPars Developers
On Fri, 2017-04-07 at 12:18 -0700, eve.no...@gmail.com wrote:
> then this closes the door on GPars 1.x ? yes, it has to happen so we
> move
> forward. Just a thought.

No it just means making GPars 1.x a maintenance branch and master being
the development branch which is GPars 2.x.

Since no-one has objected, I shall perform this surgery sometime later
today.

We do not lose anything, it is really just a relabelling.