gdata-python-client < 2.0 error

hal

Jun 19, 2010, 5:30:18 PM6/19/10
to GoogleCL Discuss
Just downloaded the deb version of this really nifty idea, and tried
editing a google doc using one of the examples and get this error:

Editing documents is not supported for gdata-python-client < 2.0

This is using vim on Ubuntu 9.10. I don't see newer packages so I am
confused if this feature even is available or not? It looks like the
corresponding package is 1.2.4-0ubuntu2, which, yes, is less than 2.
But where to get 2, preferably as a deb? Thx.

Jason Holt

Jun 19, 2010, 6:53:31 PM6/19/10
to googlecl...@googlegroups.com
It looks like maverick meerkat will be getting it in October:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-gdata

Jason Holt

Jun 19, 2010, 7:06:36 PM6/19/10
to googlecl...@googlegroups.com
I just installed it using dpkg -i on my Lucid machine, and it seemed
to work. Your Mileage May Vary. Here's the .deb:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/python-gdata_2.0.8-1.1_all.deb

Message has been deleted

hal

Jun 19, 2010, 8:06:26 PM6/19/10
to GoogleCL Discuss

On Jun 19, 7:06 pm, Jason Holt <jh...@google.com> wrote:
> I just installed it using dpkg -i on my Lucid machine, and it seemed
> to work.  Your Mileage May Vary.  Here's the .deb:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/python-gdata_2.0...

Excellent. Thanks! This is getting me closer. I am getting another
error now, but is unrelated to this and may be due to fat fingers or
other conditions.

Jason Holt

Jun 19, 2010, 8:44:57 PM6/19/10
to googlecl...@googlegroups.com, T.V Raman
Hm, TV got a 302 error as well. TV, did you have any luck with
googlecl after your 302?

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 5:03 PM, hal <bur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 19, 7:06 pm, Jason Holt <jh...@google.com> wrote:

>> I just installed it using dpkg -i on my Lucid machine, and it seemed
>> to work.  Your Mileage May Vary.  Here's the .deb:
>>

>> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/python-gdata_2.0...
>
> Excellent! That gets me closer, but am getting another error:
>
> gdata.service.RequestError: {'status': 302, 'body': '<HTML>\n<HEAD>
> \n<TITLE>Moved Temporarily</TITLE>\n</HEAD>\n<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF"
> TEXT="#000000">\n<H1>Moved Temporarily</H1>\nThe document has moved <A
> HREF="http://docs.google.com/a/dbswebsite.com/feeds/download/documents/
> export/Export?
> exportFormat=txt&amp;id=1myNY4FeIBsIdIlknFckZYHcx9VOIcLTGEgBkUBO2AUg">here</
> A>.\n</BODY>\n</HTML>\n', 'reason': 'Moved Temporarily'}
>
> Which may be fat fingers or unrelated circumstances. I'll try some
> more on this later. Thanks for the  help!

hal

Jun 20, 2010, 9:24:41 AM6/20/10
to GoogleCL Discuss
On Jun 19, 8:44 pm, Jason Holt <jh...@google.com> wrote:
> Hm, TV got a 302 error as well.  TV, did you have any luck with
> googlecl after your 302?

TV?

Nope. I've tried variations on names and paths, and same 302 related
error every time.

Thanks.

hal

Jun 20, 2010, 9:28:03 AM6/20/10
to GoogleCL Discuss
I just tried the new package, and same 302 error.

Tom Miller

Jun 20, 2010, 2:23:45 PM6/20/10
to GoogleCL Discuss
I recall there being a similar problem for some users when they were
using SSL. GoogleCL disables SSL by default, but the thread here
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/apps-apis/thread?tid=64aa908e10414570&hl=en
recommends enabling it for another service.

Maybe you can try enabling SSL? The setting is on line 45 in googlecl/
service.py. Let me know if you need help modifying the file, or if
that works.

- Tom

hal

Jun 20, 2010, 2:47:15 PM6/20/10
to GoogleCL Discuss
On Jun 20, 2:23 pm, Tom Miller <tom.h.mil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recall there being a similar problem for some users when they were
> using SSL. GoogleCL disables SSL by default, but the thread herehttp://www.google.com/support/forum/p/apps-apis/thread?tid=64aa908e10...
> recommends enabling it for another service.
>
> Maybe you can try enabling SSL? The setting is on line 45 in googlecl/
> service.py. Let me know if you need help modifying the file, or if
> that works.

Found it in: /usr/share/pyshared/googlecl/service.py, but no dice.
Same 302 error.

Thanks.

Full error:
File "/usr/bin/google", line 463, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/bin/google", line 457, in main
run_once(options, args)
File "/usr/bin/google", line 356, in run_once
task.run(client, options, args)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/googlecl/docs/service.py", line
439, in _run_edit
client.edit_doc(doc_entry, editor, format_ext)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/googlecl/docs/service.py", line
104, in edit_doc
self.Export(doc_entry.content.src, path)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gdata/docs/service.py", line 360,
in Export
self.Download(entry_or_id_or_url, file_path, ext, gid,
extra_params)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gdata/docs/service.py", line 339,
in Download
self._DownloadFile(url, file_path)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gdata/docs/service.py", line 177,
in _DownloadFile
'body': response_body}
gdata.service.RequestError: {'status': 302, 'body': '<HTML>\n<HEAD>
\n<TITLE>Moved Temporarily</TITLE>\n</HEAD>\n<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF"
TEXT="#000000">\n<H1>Moved Temporarily</H1>\nThe document has moved <A
HREF="https://docs.google.com/a/dbwwwebsite.com/feeds/download/
documents/export/Export?exportFormat=txt&amp;id=1sEwKf4bFHMXKR-
SZJicPYypVCt_rZroU7ubiJRTdjM8">here</A>.\n</BODY>\n</HTML>\n',
'reason': 'Moved Temporarily'}

It does toggle the https, but the error looks identical otherwise.

Jason Holt

Jun 20, 2010, 5:28:17 PM6/20/10
to googlecl...@googlegroups.com

hal

Jun 20, 2010, 5:49:42 PM6/20/10
to GoogleCL Discuss

On Jun 20, 5:28 pm, Jason Holt <jh...@google.com> wrote:
> http://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/issues/detail?id=1444http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Docs/thread?tid=6f16a449...http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/apps-apis/thread?tid=59fc1f5e3f...

Thanks. I did a quick read through these, and probably will need to
take another trip around the block with them. I suppose my problem is
the unregistered domain thing, which is fine, but the solution is not
immediately obvious to me.

I am going to get more into it later.

Jason Holt

Jun 22, 2010, 12:22:50 AM6/22/10
to T.V Raman, googlecl...@googlegroups.com
That's hilarious, TV. Do you happen to know if simply following the
redirect is sufficient, or does it just keep redirecting forever?
From your email it sounds like it's a server side problem we can't
work around on the client.

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 8:46 AM, T.V Raman <ra...@google.com> wrote:
> no luck after the 302. This 302 is a notorious problem with GData
> based google apps access, calendar has always been a bad citizen
> in this regard as well -- note:I speak from experience -- I built
> g-client, an emacs lisp lib that pretty much does what googlecl
> does, except that I've not implemented contacts yet.
>
> incidentlaly the pain caused by such 302's caused to me to start
> a "now that we are CO2 neutral, let's make Google 302 free"
> campaign --- didn't get too far.

> --
> Best Regards,
> --raman
>
> Title:  Research Scientist
> Email:  ra...@google.com
> WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
> Google: tv+raman
> GTalk:  ra...@google.com
> PGP:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc

Jason Holt

Jun 22, 2010, 3:56:18 PM6/22/10
to T.V Raman, googlecl...@googlegroups.com, Tom Miller
Good point. I think Tom recently committed some calendar
enhancements. Maybe he can give us the scoop and add docs if
necessary.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:56 AM, T.V Raman <ra...@google.com> wrote:
> Following the redirect usually works. "Usually" ==
>
> 50%  of the time, telling curl to "follow redirects" just
> works. The rest of the time, it requires you to re-invoke curl
> with the url.
>
> While I have your attention,
>
> I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use GoogoleCL  to its
> fullest --- which is embarassing, I even looked in the python
> code.
>
> Here are some of what I hit:
>
> 1. Calendar:
>
> calendar today shows today's events -- doesn't show time.
>
> 2. Contacts:
>
> contacts list
> lists a small number of my contacts, just name and email. How do
> I get it to show phone numbers -- which is what I care about,
> since I use Android and maintain contacts in the cloud.
>
> the help documentation that shows up is opaque to my reading the
> "required: delimiter" optional : ... doesn't say much.

hal

Jun 23, 2010, 6:31:15 AM6/23/10
to GoogleCL Discuss
On Jun 20, 5:49 pm, hal <burg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 5:28 pm, Jason Holt <jh...@google.com> wrote:
>
> >http://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/issues/detail?id=1444http://www......
>
> Thanks. I did a quick read through these, and probably will need to
> take another trip around the block with them. I suppose my problem is
> the unregistered domain thing, which is fine, but the solution is not
> immediately obvious to me.
>
> I am going to get more into it later.

OK, I've "googled" a little on this unregistered domain thing, and
think I found what something led me to this point:
https://www.google.com/accounts/UpdateDomain, which got me to the
point of what looks like uploading a SSL cert, or similar. I haven't
seen this step referenced anywhere, so I am scratching my head a
little. If I am barking up the wrong tree, somebody let me know. If
not, I 'll get this done later. If, OTOH, this is the case, I'd
suggest a line or two in the man page.

The account I am playing with is a Premier acct, so maybe that makes a
difference???

hal

Jun 23, 2010, 11:29:15 PM6/23/10
to GoogleCL Discuss

On Jun 23, 6:31 am, hal <burg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I've "googled" a little on this unregistered domain thing, and
> think I found what something led me to this point:https://www.google.com/accounts/UpdateDomain, which got me to the
> point of what looks like uploading a SSL cert, or similar. I haven't
> seen this step referenced anywhere, so I am scratching my head a
> little. If I am barking up the wrong tree, somebody let me know. If
> not, I 'll get this done later. If, OTOH, this is the case, I'd
> suggest a line or two in the man page.
>
> The account I am playing with is a Premier acct, so maybe that makes a
> difference???

OK, created a SSL cert following the instructions at
http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/docs/auth/authsub.html#Registered,
uploaded it, but no joy. Same error as before.

Thinking needs a new thread on this anyway ...