update from 2.4 to 2.5 : uibinder.elementparsers.LazyPanelParser.parse(LazyPanelParser.java:40) error

Thomas Lacroix

Nov 5, 2012, 9:35:41 AM11/5/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am trying the 2.5 version for my project but I get an uibinder.elementparsers.LazyPanelParser error that I didn't get with 2.4 (see below). I get it in classic dev mode and at compile.
Maybe it is related to the breaking change "UIBinder.useLazyWidgets is now set to true by default. See r10730 for more details." ?
Can anyone help ? If not I will find an issue.
Thx
Thomas

EntryPoint initialization exception
Exception while loading module XXXX. See Development Mode for details.
com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:513) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:385) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:200) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:526) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:364) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
14:32:57.466 [ERROR] [XXXX] Generator 'com.google.gwt.uibinder.rebind.UiBinderGenerator' threw an exception while rebinding 'fr.inra.jouy.client.view.home.HomeViewImpl.HomeViewImplUiBinder'
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at com.google.gwt.uibinder.elementparsers.LazyPanelParser.parse(LazyPanelParser.java:40)
    at com.google.gwt.uibinder.rebind.UiBinderWriter.parseElementToField(UiBinderWriter.java:934)
    at com.google.gwt.uibinder.elementparsers.HasWidgetsParser.parse(HasWidgetsParser.java:39)
    at com.google.gwt.uibinder.rebind.UiBinderWriter.parseElementToField(UiBinderWriter.java:934)
    at com.google.gwt.uibinder.elementparsers.DockLayoutPanelParser.parse(DockLayoutPanelParser.java:95)
    at com.google.gwt.uibinder.rebind.UiBinderWriter.parseElementToField(UiBinderWriter.java:934)

Thomas Broyer

Nov 5, 2012, 9:51:37 AM11/5/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Looking at the code for LazyPanelParser at line 40, it seems like you'd have this exception if you do not have a @UiField for the LazyPanel in your owner class.

Message has been deleted

Thomas Lacroix

Nov 5, 2012, 10:15:47 AM11/5/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
That was it, thanks a lot!!!

Patrick Tucker

Jul 14, 2014, 9:07:21 AM7/14/14
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I just ran into this and I'm wondering why a ui:field is required?  In our case, the object is self contained and after creation isn't referenced by the code that creates the object.  Is this requirement really necessary??

I know the workaround is easy, its just that making us developers troubleshoot an error that seems to be a completely valid use case with very little info seems wrong.  If nothing else maybe a better error message should be output?

Thomas Broyer

Jul 14, 2014, 10:25:54 AM7/14/14

On Monday, July 14, 2014 3:07:21 PM UTC+2, Patrick Tucker wrote:
I just ran into this and I'm wondering why a ui:field is required?  In our case, the object is self contained and after creation isn't referenced by the code that creates the object.  Is this requirement really necessary??

Not sure it's a requirement; I'd rather say it's a bug.

Patrick Tucker

Jul 14, 2014, 10:47:09 AM7/14/14
to google-we...@googlegroups.com