configure hosted jetty

Thomas Matthijs

May 3, 2009, 8:30:27 AM5/3/09
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I'm trying to get hosted mode to follow symlinks in my war directory
(for some static resources).
The only way i've found, is to edit
gwt-dev-linux.jar:org/mortbay/jetty/webapp/webdefault.xml
as described here
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/How+to+enable+serving+aliased+files

Is there a better way (that doesn't involve editing a file in the gwt jar) ?

Thanks

JtheG

May 10, 2009, 1:38:30 PM5/10/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I've added the following as VM argument (in Eclipse):
-Dorg.mortbay.util.FileResource.checkAliases=false

and the Good News is that it will now follow symbolic links (Ubuntu/
Linux).

However the Bad News is that it seems to no longer run my module...
Very weird:
1) With checkAliases = true (or default), Jetty/GWT will not follow
symbolic links but my module will run.
2) With checkAliases = false, Jetty will follow symbolic linkcs but
will not run my module (in hosted mode). I
see no apparent errors, even with a log level of DEBUG. Most weird.

On May 3, 6:30 am, Thomas Matthijs <thomas.matth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to get hosted mode to follow symlinks in my war directory
> (for some static resources).
> The only way i've found, is to edit
> gwt-dev-linux.jar:org/mortbay/jetty/webapp/webdefault.xml
> as described herehttp://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/How+to+enable+serving+aliased+...

Salvador Diaz

May 11, 2009, 3:28:02 AM5/11/09
to Google Web Toolkit
> see no apparent errors, even with a log level of DEBUG.

Well, if DEBUG level fails to report something meaningful, there's
still SPAM and ALL ;)

I don't know what the problem could be though

Good luck

Salvador