Develope GWT with Netbeans

tommax1083

May 19, 2006, 10:00:22 AM5/19/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,
I wanna develope my web application using Google Web Toolkit and
Netbeans. I need make a package named:

* myapplication.client
* myapplication.server
* myapplication.public

for develope my web application. When I wanna make package named
myapplication.public Netbeans don't make it.
If I create manually folder named public I can create package named
myapplication.public, but when i wanna write a file into this package
netbeans can't permise it.
If I create manually file myclass.java in a folder myapplication/public
I can edit with Netbeans myclass, but when I compile Netbeans tell me
that there're an error.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks!
Tommaso

ps.sorry for my english.

marco...@gmail.com

May 19, 2006, 10:16:10 AM5/19/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Step 1:
Create a project folder in your GWT folder, lets say:
projects/myapplication

Step 2:
from your GWT folder run: projectCreator -ant build -out
projects/myapplication

Step 3:
from your GWT folder run: applicationCreator -out
projects/myapplication myapplication.client.MyApp

Step 4:
in Netbeans create a new projects and choose 'Java Project With
Existing Ant Script', press next

Step 5:
Set Location to the myapplication folder created earlier
Set Build Script to the build.ant.xml file created by projectCreator
Set Project Name to something more appropriate

Step 6:
Open the project properties and under Java Sources click Add Folder.
Select the projects/myapplication/src folder and press OK

Step 7:
Under the project is now a folder named src containing the right class
packages and some dummy Java/HTML/XML files. Get coding!

Marco

Scott Blum

May 21, 2006, 12:08:40 AM5/21/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Tommaso,

If you try to put .java or .class files into a package named "public"
it won't work, because "public" is a Java keyword. GWT uses the
"public" folder by default as a place to put only static files and
resources.. things you'd expect your webserver to serve up directly
over HTTP. Hope this helps!

--Scott