Re: Could not load GWT DMP Plugin

Tony Rah

Oct 21, 2012, 10:38:09 AM10/21/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
There seems to be yet another problem with the latest Chrome plugin where it won't load in dev mode when the codesvr argument is pointing to your local ip address. Try switching the ip adress portion of the argument to either "127.0.0.1" or "localhost" in your browser. You might also have to add "-bindAddress 0.0.0.0" to you eclipse launch config.

This worked for me but I didn't dig any deeper to understand the problem more thoroughly. I also don't know how this will effect remote debugging. Perhaps someone else has better info.

On a side note, this latest plugin fixes the Chrome22/OSX issue that was plaguing everyone for the last several weeks. Unfortunately, it now introduces this new issue.

On Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:08:44 PM UTC-6, seas wrote:
Started getting 'Could not load GWT DMP Plugin' yesterday when I start my app from Eclipse using Chrome.  Happening on both work and home computers.  From web searches, it looks like this has happened in the past, which seemed to indicate that in those cases a new plugin was deployed that had issues.  In those cases there was no clear fix except some people has success rolling back to an earlier version of the plugin.

I've tried reinstalling the latest plugin.  Didn't see any option for downloading previous versions from the app store.  Tried restarting Chrome, Eclipse, and rebooting the machine.

Has there been a recent update to the plugin?  Where can I get the previous one to roll back to?  Is there another update coming soon that will fix this?

My home set up is:
Windows XP SP 3
Eclipse Helios Service Release 2 build ID 20110218-0911
Chrome 22.0.1229.94 m
GWT Developer Plugin 1.0.11338

My work set up is similar but with Window 7

Rob Taft

Oct 21, 2012, 7:26:41 PM10/21/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I just started getting the exact same issue...

Rob Taft

Oct 21, 2012, 7:28:11 PM10/21/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Not to mention Chrome loads an old version of my site that I can't seem to clear when I don't use the plugin...kinda left dead in the water here.

seas

Oct 21, 2012, 8:00:15 PM10/21/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Tony, thanks for the reply.  I didn't have much luck using different ip addresses though.  Initially, the url generated for launching in dev mode was 127.0.0.1.  I tried changing it in the Chrome address bar to local host and the machine's URL.  I also added the "-bindAddress 0.0.0.0" to the eclipse configuration.  That changed the url generated for launching dev mode to my machine's url, but still no luck.

I'll keep playing with it.

Drew Spencer

Oct 22, 2012, 8:49:24 AM10/22/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Same here. Glad I'm not the only one.

I'm on Windows as well, using v22 of Chrome.

Bah!

Brian Slesinsky

Oct 22, 2012, 2:09:54 PM10/22/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we released a new version of the plugin on Friday. For some reason, upgrading to the new plugin loses your preferences for the hostnames that Dev Mode is allowed to connect to. So you'll have to add them again. Sorry about that!

If it's not connecting and the toolkit icon on the right side of URL bar is gray instead of red, click on the gray icon to pop up the dialog to add the hostname.

An alternate way to get to the same options page:

2. Find the entry for GWT Developer Plugin
3. Click on "Options".

- Brian

Michael Hirsch

Oct 22, 2012, 3:05:38 PM10/22/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Brian.  That got me working again.

Michael

Brian Slesinsky

Oct 22, 2012, 4:01:27 PM10/22/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Suppose the URL is: http://myhost.example.com:1234/something?gwt.codesvr=anotherhost.example.com:456

You need to add an entry to the list for "myhost.example.com" and "anotherhost.example.com" to allow this connection.

However, it's usually easier to visit the URL and click the grey icon to the right of the URL bar. If you use that dialog, it will automatically use the correct hostnames.

- Brian

On Monday, October 22, 2012 12:24:26 PM UTC-7, Cormac McLoughlin wrote:
Brian,

>> 2. Find the entry for GWT Developer Plugin
>> 3. Click on "Options".

And then what?!!  Can you please explain what we need to do in Options to get it working again?
Thanks.

Brian Slesinsky

Oct 22, 2012, 4:32:53 PM10/22/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Which version of Windows, and what are the symptoms?

- Brian

On Monday, October 22, 2012 1:14:41 PM UTC-7, Catherine Nantel wrote:
Thanks Brian
It doesn't work for me : Chromium Version 22.0.1216.0 (147940)
Any other idea I should try?

Brian Slesinsky

Oct 22, 2012, 7:44:16 PM10/22/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
The Eclipse setup shouldn't matter. What error do you get in the browser when it doesn't work? Are there any messages in the Console?

Also, could you check chrome://plugins/ to make sure that there's an entry for "GWT Development-Mode Plugin"?

On Monday, October 22, 2012 4:21:30 PM UTC-7, Nomikos Zografakis wrote:
Hi Brian,

She and I are using Windows XP SP3, Eclipse 4.2 Juno, JDK 1.6 U32, Standard eclipse GWT Plugin version 2.4. The webserver and code server addresses are both 127.0.0.1 . We've set both localhost and 127.0.0.1 in the plugin options but it still doesn't work. Is there anything on the Eclipse side that needs to be set to be compatible with the Chrome extension?

Thanks

- Nomikos.

Chris Feuz

Oct 23, 2012, 2:21:31 AM10/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
This workaround is also not working for me. I don't even see the toolkit icon in the statusbar.

I'm using m2eclipse and everything worked fine out of the box until last week.

Setup: Juno, m2eclipse, Chrome 24 dev (but also tried 22), Windows 7

On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:57:23 AM UTC+2, Markus Grill wrote:
Hello Brian,

I've also the problem that the GWT DMP Plugin could not be loaded anymore

until now I've never had an entry in my preferences for the hostnames because I always used localhost as code- and webserver.
(by the way... adding localhost to the list does not work either...)

Setup: Windows7; Chrome 22.0.1229.94 m;  GWT-Plugin 1.0.11338

Markus

Juanra Collado

Oct 23, 2012, 3:13:03 AM10/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm with netbeans and this workaround also works for me. I either see the grey box in the direction bar

Juanra Collado

Oct 23, 2012, 3:13:42 AM10/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

I'm with netbeans and this workaround also DOES NOT working for me. I either see the grey box in the direction bar

Justin Kames

Oct 23, 2012, 4:28:15 AM10/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Never had problems with GWT plugin up untill new update!

Win 7
version 22.0.1229.94 m

Reinstalled chrome/ reinstalled developer plugin multiple times keeps saying gwt dmp cant be loaded :[

Nomikos Zografakis

Oct 23, 2012, 9:00:47 AM10/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting the following stacktrace from the "Development Mode" Console at the moment the plugin fails :

08:55:04.105 [ERROR] [gablet] ManageException

com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel$RemoteDeathError: Remote connection lost
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:354)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:218)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
    at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
    at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:213)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor35.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:292)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:546)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:363)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)
    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
    at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:106)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel$ReturnMessage.send(BrowserChannel.java:1310)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel$ReturnMessage.send(BrowserChannel.java:1315)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:340)
[...]

Nomikos Zografakis

Oct 23, 2012, 9:12:04 AM10/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Appart from Java console logs, does the plugin produce or can be made to produce logs that I can ship to you?

- Nomikos
Message has been deleted

Drew Spencer

Oct 23, 2012, 10:14:38 AM10/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Same here. This is a little disappointing, also my message above got deleted for some reason.

Brian Slesinsky

Oct 23, 2012, 1:35:33 PM10/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
It looks like I linked the DLL wrong on Windows, so it requires some additional DLL's that not everyone has. We'll have a new release later today.

seas

Oct 23, 2012, 5:00:39 PM10/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear.  We'll be standing by.

Brian Slesinsky

Oct 23, 2012, 7:53:48 PM10/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
A new version is now live in the Chrome store. The only difference is that the Windows version is statically linked.

I don't have a sufficient number of Windows machines available for testing, so I don't know how much this will help. However, it shouldn't make things worse.

- Brian

Markus Grill

Oct 23, 2012, 8:52:41 PM10/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
the new version works...

Thank you
Markus

Juanra Collado

Oct 24, 2012, 2:46:22 AM10/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
It's working for me the new version in:
Chrome - Versión 22.0.1229.94 m
Windows XP SP3

Thanks for your work.

Chris Feuz

Oct 24, 2012, 3:21:02 AM10/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
After updating the GWT Dev Plugin to version 1.0.11349 it seems to work again on my system (Win 7/64, Chrome 22, GWT Dev Plugin 1.0.11349, Juno, m2e)

Thanks for fixing it

Benoit Bolduc

Oct 24, 2012, 5:14:46 AM10/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Version 1.0.11349 works here also.

Thanks for the fix. Really appreciated!

Drew Spencer

Oct 24, 2012, 6:35:55 AM10/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Brian! All working now.

Leos Prikryl

Oct 24, 2012, 6:39:12 AM10/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot. The new version works for me as well.

Geoff Gibbs

Oct 24, 2012, 10:15:34 AM10/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I have the same versions of Chrome and Windows, but it's still not working for me.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling but still no joy...

Catherine Nantel

Oct 24, 2012, 10:22:46 AM10/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
It seems to have make things better but it still crashes.
Could it be caused by the automatic update of the plugin that overwrite your version?

Juanra Collado

Oct 24, 2012, 10:38:04 AM10/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
That's true. It's loading the plugin well but is crashing in a few clicks. Hope a solution, it's so difficult programming this way.

Nomikos Zografakis

Oct 24, 2012, 10:54:49 AM10/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian, It crashes a little later than before, but still crashed nonetheless. If there's any way I can can send you logs from the plugin, please let me know and I will send them as per your instructions.

Thanks.

- Nomikos

Brian Slesinsky

Oct 24, 2012, 6:29:51 PM10/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I have access to crash reports. Still figuring out how to use the data.

In my testing, I can start the "Showcase" sample in dev mode and it seems to work, but if I leave the browser open for a while, the plugin will eventually crash.

- Brian

seas

Oct 25, 2012, 4:59:28 PM10/25/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

Got the new plugin and was working fine for a bit.  Good to be testing/debugging in Chrome again.  Then this popped up: "GWT DMP Plugin has crashed.  Thank for you work on this.  Below is the stack dump.  Hope it helps.

13:52:10.421 [ERROR] [helloworld] Uncaught exception escaped

com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel$RemoteDeathError: Remote connection lost
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:354)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:218)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
    at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
    at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:213)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor39.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:292)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:546)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:363)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:237)
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:248)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel$Message.readMessageType(BrowserChannel.java:1100)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:326)
[...]

Brian Slesinsky

Oct 25, 2012, 7:54:48 PM10/25/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I've uploaded a new version to the Chrome store that fixes a bug that could cause plugin crashes.

Brian Slesinsky

Oct 26, 2012, 1:35:13 PM10/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm still seeing some crash reports but I'm not sure they're the same issue. Has the situation improved at all with yesterday's release?

I just figured this out: you can report the crash to me by visiting chrome://crashes and telling me the crash id (if it's listed there).

(There is a link on that page to file a bug, but that goes to Chromium and they won't know what to do with it.)

- Brian

Nomikos Zografakis

Oct 26, 2012, 1:44:05 PM10/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
It hasn't crashed with limited usage. I'll continue and report crashes using chrome://crashes

Thanks!

- Nomikos

yves

Oct 26, 2012, 5:16:23 PM10/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't work for me.
Chrome 24.0.1305.3 dev-m
plugin
1.0.11357
win XP SP3

I found that it might be blocked by norton anti-virus : googleupdate.exe was blocked (severity : medium)
I found another problem in norton history log :  the dev plugin dll is identifid as a threat "Suspicious.Cloud.7.EP" (severity : high)
c:\documents and settings\yves\local settings\application data\google\chrome\user data\default\extensions\jpjpnpmbddbjkfaccnmhnkdgjideieim\1.0.11357_0\winnt_x86-msvc\npgwtdevplugin.dll

HTH
Yves

seas

Oct 26, 2012, 5:27:41 PM10/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

It looks like that fixed it for me.  Spent about a half hour clicking around in my app with no crashes.  Thanks.  I'll let you know if it happens again.

Brian Slesinsky

Oct 29, 2012, 5:00:57 PM10/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Which version of windows?

On Monday, October 29, 2012 1:20:52 PM UTC-7, Hec Nev wrote:
I'm still having the same issue.

Plugin is not able to load: "Could not load GWT DMP Plugin"

Chrome:  22.0.1229.94 m
GWT DMP: 1.0.11357

Hec Nev

Oct 29, 2012, 6:00:42 PM10/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Windows 7 Profesional Service Pack 1

Thomas Broyer

Nov 26, 2012, 6:57:20 PM11/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, November 26, 2012 9:15:09 PM UTC+1, Mark Bosshard wrote:
Hey Brian

It says "Your computer doesnt support this App" when I try downloading it from the appstore.

Are you on Windows 8? Windows 8 makes it impossible to support NPAPI plugins in Chrome.

However with drag and drop I get the gwt-plugin working, but it crashes with this error "Could not load GWT DMP" Plugin. I added 0.0.0.0, 127.0.0.1 as well as localhost both in server and local in the table of the gwt plugin options. So - no chance on chrome.

Have you tried SuperDevMode?

I tried firefox. Downloaded the normal today's version of firefox on mozilla.org. But: The Plugin is not accepted by Firefox since today we're on version 17 and the GWT Plugin is outdated.

This means: Your GWT Plugin is right now only working on Internet Explorer as a major windows browser. THATS A PAIN IN THE ASS

Yes.

David Briney

Jan 2, 2013, 12:59:36 PM1/2/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

GWT Dev plugin 1.0.11338 plus Chrome 23.0.1271.97 either crashes or will not load. When will this be addressed?

Thanks,
David Briney

Brian Slesinsky

Jan 2, 2013, 1:06:51 PM1/2/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Which OS?

David Briney

Jan 2, 2013, 1:10:39 PM1/2/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Win 7 Enterprise. Could IntelliJ (I'm using 11.1.4) be a factor?

Brian Slesinsky

Jan 2, 2013, 1:14:05 PM1/2/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Unlikely. A different version of Chrome is more likely to help.

David Briney

Jan 2, 2013, 1:31:15 PM1/2/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Chrome 23.0.1271.97 (m) is the most recent version. What version do you suggest I roll back to (assuming I can even find it)?

David Briney

Jan 4, 2013, 4:13:16 PM1/4/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Crickets?

Brian Slesinsky

Jan 4, 2013, 4:38:09 PM1/4/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I just tried it and it works for me.

Windows 7 Enterprise
Chrome 33.0.1271.97 m
Plugin 1.0.11357

I tested by launching the Showcase sample app in dev mode.

I hadn't noticed earlier that your plugin version seems to be old. Could you try installing it from the web store?

David Briney

Jan 4, 2013, 5:17:48 PM1/4/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Is GWT DMP 1.0.11357 available to the public? When I update my Chrome extensions, that process comes back with 1.0.11338, which, assuming the versioning is in numeric order, predates 11357. v 11338 doesn't work for me.

Brian Slesinsky

Jan 4, 2013, 5:45:12 PM1/4/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
We switched to the Chrome store fairly recently and the migration isn't finished yet. For now you'll have to uninstall and reinstall.

- Brian

David Briney

Feb 27, 2013, 10:22:38 AM2/27/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I still ... months later ... have to remove GWT Plugin version 1.0.11338 several times daily and replace it with a reliable old version (9738). This is because 11338 crashes - will not load into Chrome 25.0.1364.97 m. To say this is aggravating is an understatement. Suggestions?

Brian Slesinsky

Feb 27, 2013, 2:53:50 PM2/27/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Please uninstall and reinstall from the Chrome store to get the latest version (11357).

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.

David Briney

Feb 27, 2013, 3:06:17 PM2/27/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Why don't the automatic updates install 11357? I can attest, hundreds of times over, that the auto updates install 11338. And 11338 has issues.

Constantino

Mar 13, 2013, 3:29:05 PM3/13/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Chrome: 25.0.1364.172 m
GWT Developer Plugin 1.0.11357

and it still does not work.

I have found that the call do "init(window)" does not work and no connection is established.

Constantino

Mar 13, 2013, 3:31:00 PM3/13/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I have also tried to remove the plug-in and re-install it from the store, but with no help. I am using the address 127.0.0.1 and even tried to add this to the configuration.

Constantino

Mar 13, 2013, 3:35:54 PM3/13/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
After setting bindAddress to 0.0.0.0 and using the non 127.0.0.1 address it worked after adding the other address to the plug-in configuration.

Jacob Haas

Ilya Nikolaev

Oct 22, 2013, 1:16:36 AM10/22/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com