Problem with GWT 2.5.1 + FF 40

André

Oct 2, 2015, 4:12:10 AM10/2/15
to GWT Users
Hello GWT users!

We still use GWT 2.5.1 and can't update it quickly.

Firefox v41 was released last week and came with this seemingly minor modification that makes our app unusable. Looks like this isn't compatible with GWT's history implementation.

Am I on the right track in that this is the root of our problem? Is it possible to override the settings in History.gwt.xml in our own App.gwt.xml (preferrably in a way that it works across all FF versions)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

André

Daniel Kurka

Oct 2, 2015, 4:23:08 AM10/2/15
to GWT Users
This has been fixed in GWT 2.7.0. We refactored the history implementation to not special case Firefox in this particular way. Just updating to GWT 2.7 will fix this issue for you.

If that is not possible here is the main patch to make history work:

André

Oct 2, 2015, 8:46:44 AM10/2/15
to GWT Users
Thanks for the quick reply Daniel!

As a short term fix I added

<replace-with class="com.google.gwt.user.client.impl.HistoryImplSafari">
  <when-type-is class="com.google.gwt.user.client.impl.HistoryImpl"/>
  <when-property-is name="user.agent" value="gecko1_8"/>
</replace-with>

to my App.gwt.xml which seems to fix our problems as it doesn't override decodeFragment(). As a long term solution I'll attempt an upgrade to 2.7.0.

Cheers
André

Kearnel Tim

Oct 12, 2015, 3:59:21 AM10/12/15
to GWT Users
Thanks Andre for your brilliant hack, it mitigate our problems too.

在 2015年10月2日星期五 UTC下午12:46:44,André写道: