GWT 2.2 and WEB-INF/deploy

Filipe Sousa

Feb 15, 2011, 5:29:10 AM2/15/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying the new version of GWT (2.2) and noticed that after compiling the project I'm getting a deploy folder inside the WEB-INF. Do I have to pack this folder inside the war file?

John

Feb 15, 2011, 8:13:09 AM2/15/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I'm also very curious as to the purpose of this folder. I have a
multi-project setup, and all but one automatically has its own
subfolder in deploy. I was very hopeful that the deploy folder would
make actually deploying a multi-project app easier since right now it
is immensely frustrating, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Thomas Broyer

Feb 15, 2011, 8:59:01 AM2/15/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
From the doc, you should deploy it (otherwise, why would it be emitted to the ${war}/WEB-INF?)

See also the doc for the -deploy command line argument:
"""The directory into which deployable but not servable output files will be written (defaults to 'WEB-INF/deploy' under the -war directory/jar, and may be the same as the -extra directory/jar)"""

I haven't found where those files would later be used by server code, so I guess you can safely exclude them (i.e. use a -deploy that points outside your ${war}).

Aurelian

Feb 15, 2011, 10:25:53 AM2/15/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I'm deploying my app on AppEngine and the deploy folder generated has
133M.
AppEngine limits the upload of the folder war to 150M, so i had to
generate it outside of war folder.
My app is working, i think the deploy folder contains symbolicMap for
logging system, in case there is a need to convert javascript code
into Java back.

Regards,
Aurelian

On 15 Feb, 14:59, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From the doc, you should deploy it (otherwise, why would it be emitted to
> the ${war}/WEB-INF?)
>
> http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/2.2/com/google/g...

Filipe Sousa

Feb 15, 2011, 4:35:53 PM2/15/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:59:01 PM UTC, Thomas Broyer wrote:
From the doc, you should deploy it (otherwise, why would it be emitted to the ${war}/WEB-INF?)

that's a good question.

See also the doc for the -deploy command line argument:
"""The directory into which deployable but not servable output files will be written (defaults to 'WEB-INF/deploy' under the -war directory/jar, and may be the same as the -extra directory/jar)"""

I haven't found where those files would later be used by server code, so I guess you can safely exclude them (i.e. use a -deploy that points outside your ${war}).

Just in case I'll pack the deploy folder. Unfortunately this folder takes several MBytes.

leszek

Feb 15, 2011, 6:20:56 PM2/15/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I removed this directory before packaging and it does not seem to harm
the application at all. But I'm also very curious what this directory
is for. Before removing my .war was about 40-50MB, after removing it
went down to 13-14 MB (as expected).

On 15 Lut, 22:35, Filipe Sousa <nat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:59:01 PM UTC, Thomas Broyer wrote:
>
> > From the doc, you should deploy it (otherwise, why would it be emitted to
> > the ${war}/WEB-INF?)
>
> that's a good question.
>

> >http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/2.2/com/google/g...

Leszek Gruchała

Apr 27, 2011, 3:23:11 AM4/27/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
anyone has idea how to turn off creation of this directory? It takes on my web app 125 MB.

In the javadoc comment you can read, that this option is turned off by default, but it seems is not. I have nothing set to force to generate this directory and even tried to force it to use native stack trace using:
<set-property name="compiler.stackMode" value="native"/>

but without success.

Thanks for help.

Namh S

Mar 19, 2014, 5:10:07 AM3/19/14
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I thinks this files are for debug of your javascript on chrome which is generated from your GWT.
symbolMaps would help to debug obfuscated javascript.

2011년 2월 15일 화요일 오후 10시 13분 9초 UTC+9, John 님의 말: