String to Object Structure in GWT

Deepan

Feb 29, 2012, 3:02:58 PM2/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am relatively new to GWT.
I have input as a string and i want to convert it into object structure. I was wondering how it can be done in GWT.

Example String -  (node1(node2(node3) (node4)) (node5))

"node1" has 2 children "node2" and "node5"
"node2" has 2 children "node3" and "node4"

More like converting a string into binary tree object.

Thanks,
Nikhil

vinayak kulkarni

Mar 2, 2012, 2:26:07 AM3/2/12
to Google Web Toolkit
GWT has a class called Tree. It also has TreeMenuItems.
Use REGEX and iterate over nodes and make it a Tree object.
It will give a Tree structure in UI.

If you just want to convert your string to Tree structure, its plain
java. Nothing to do with GWT.