Set the default timezone of the application

snehil parekh

Apr 28, 2012, 2:57:36 PM4/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Currently I am running in to the issue with the date time in GWT where the time is automatically converted to the client time zone.
What I am looking is to default my application to a particular timezone and do not want the automatic conversion to the local time zone.

Is there a way to specify this in the module.xml or any other clean way of achieving this?

Thanks,
Snehil Parekh.

Joseph Lust

Apr 29, 2012, 11:14:07 AM4/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Snehil,

A similar question was asked earlier this week. Basically java.util.Date does not have a Timezone, but Javascript date does. To get around this you need a custom date serializer.

See the post from earlier this week.

Sincerely,
Joseph