The RequestFactory ValidationTool must be run for the RequestFactory type

Eric Andresen

Sep 15, 2011, 12:45:12 PM9/15/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I just upgraded to 2.4, and am seeing the following problem when I try to run my server:

SEVERE: Unexpected error
java.lang.RuntimeException: The RequestFactory ValidationTool must be run for the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX RequestFactory type
at com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.vm.impl.Deobfuscator$Builder.load(Deobfuscator.java:59)

I followed the instructions at http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/RequestFactoryInterfaceValidation to turn on annotation processing in Eclipse and add the requestfactory-apt to it, and I was able to see the annotation processor flag errors between my Request types and my Services.  (those errors are now fixed)

Is there anything else I need to do in order to convince the deployed web-app that its RequestFactory was validated?  Or anything I can look for in the deployed WAR to determine if in fact the validation was run or not?

Thanks,
Eric

Y2i

Sep 15, 2011, 1:11:42 PM9/15/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
In Eclipse I only had to make RequestFactory interfaces and their server domain counterparts to be available on the sourcepath during the compilation process.  This seemed to be enough to validate RF interfaces and generate additional Java types.  The deployed app worked after this.

David Chandler

Sep 15, 2011, 1:27:30 PM9/15/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Look for a class named YourRequestFactoryDeobfuscatorBuilder in the WAR. This will be present if the RF validation tool has run.

We're currently working on an issue where it gets wiped out in Maven projects in Eclipse Indigo.

/dmc

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, GWT+GAE
w: http://code.google.com/

Jeff Larsen

Sep 15, 2011, 1:44:26 PM9/15/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com, drfib...@google.com
@David,

my post here

is how I got rfvalidator-apt working with m2e in indigo.

If you have questions, let me know.

Eric Andresen

Sep 15, 2011, 2:50:25 PM9/15/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm using M2E and Indigo, so it looks like I might be running into this problem.  I don't see the *DeobfuscatorBuilder in my WAR anywhere.

I'll take a look through Jeff's link below and see if that helps me at all.

Thanks,
Eric

David Chandler

Sep 15, 2011, 5:32:51 PM9/15/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jeff. That's some pretty fine Maven wizardry.

What we've discovered is that with the lifecycle mapping POM hacks in place, the ValidationTool does in fact run under Indigo, but the WTP publish operation that happens just prior to launch does not have access to the newly-generated sources in the workspace without a refresh. We're working on a GPE fix to address this as well as simplifying the POM by using built-in annotation processing rather than a separate exec.

/dmc

TULC

Sep 22, 2011, 10:20:24 PM9/22/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I have not yet been able to get past this problem...

I am simply trying to run the DynaTableRF from the samples in
eclipse. I have the latest GPE installed. I have followed the
instructions at http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/RequestFactoryInterfaceValidation
for eclipse and have also tried adding requestfactory-apt.jar to the
eclipse project build path manually. I am not using Maven. I have
tried adding all the requestfactory-* JARs to the build path, even
though I understand requestfactory-client.jar is supposed to be
included in gwt-user.jar and similarly with requestfactory-server.jar
in gwt-servlet.jar. I have also tried putting both requestfactory-
server.jar and requestfactory-apt.jar into the WEB-INF/lib directory.
But it keeps failing with this error.

Can anyone help me??

Cheers,

Evan
Message has been deleted

Jonas

Sep 23, 2011, 5:03:49 PM9/23/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

this Wiki entry helped me to solve the problem: http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/RequestFactoryInterfaceValidation
Do exactly what is shown in the printscreens and it should work.

If it's not working tell exactly what you did. I almost got crazy and did see that they added verbose=false to "Annotation Processing". I thought this isn't necessary as they didn't mention it in the text. I was wrong.

Jonas

TULC

Oct 1, 2011, 3:34:53 AM10/1/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I had also assumed the verbose=false line wasn't necessary, but
unfortunately even with that option I still get the same error. My
steps are:

- enable project specific settings (Java Compiler/Annotation
Processing)
- enable annotation processing
- enable processing in editor
- .apt_generated is already listed as the generated source directory
- add verbose=false processor option
- enable project specific settings (Java Compiler/Annotation
Processing/Factory Path)
- add C:\Program Files\Eclipse\Indigo\plugins
\com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.4.0.r37v2011083017107\gwt-2.4.0\requestfactory-
apt.jar
- debug as Web Application

I got quite excited when I read your reply, despite how dumb I would
feel if that was all it took to fix the problem... I just can't quite
work out what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks for your help,
Evan

On Sep 23, 5:03 pm, Jonas <jonas.zumk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this Wiki entry helped me to solve the problem:http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/RequestFactoryInterf...

Thomas Broyer

Oct 1, 2011, 3:48:46 AM10/1/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I don't remember if it matters or not (tried updating my project to 2.4 some time ago, haven't finished, and temporary tolled back) but is the .apt_generated in your build path?

Jonas Zumkehr

Oct 1, 2011, 3:48:28 AM10/1/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
When you run the application, you should get errors in the "Development Mode" or "Console" Tabs. Can you post them?
You get there some good hints where to look for the problem.

TULC

Oct 2, 2011, 5:29:33 PM10/2/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I just get the same error as posted by Eric at the beginning of the
thread, but I have copied/pasted the full dump below.

Thomas, I'm not sure what you mean about the .apt_generated being in
my build path?

Thanks for the help, guys...
Evan

Console:
(org.apache.jasper.compiler.Js
pRuntimeContext).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig
for more in
fo.
03/10/2011 8:24:49 AM
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.RequestFactor
yServlet doPost
SEVERE: Unexpected error
java.lang.RuntimeException: The RequestFactory ValidationTool must be
run for th
e com.google.gwt.sample.dynatablerf.shared.DynaTableRequestFactory
RequestFactor
y type
at com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.vm.impl.Deobfuscator
$Builder.load(Deob
fuscator.java:59)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.ResolverServiceLayer.updateDeob
fuscator(ResolverServiceLayer.java:43)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.ResolverServiceLayer.resolveReq
uestFactory(ResolverServiceLayer.java:176)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.ServiceLayerDecorator.resolveRe
questFactory(ServiceLayerDecorator.java:172)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.ServiceLayerDecorator.resolveRe
questFactory(ServiceLayerDecorator.java:172)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.ServiceLayerDecorator.resolveRe
questFactory(ServiceLayerDecorator.java:172)
at
39
)
at
.java:25)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.ServiceLayerCache.getOrCache(Se
rviceLayerCache.java:233)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.ServiceLayerCache.resolveReques
tFactory(ServiceLayerCache.java:198)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.SimpleRequestProcessor.process(
SimpleRequestProcessor.java:207)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.SimpleRequestProcessor.process(
SimpleRequestProcessor.java:127)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.RequestFactoryServlet.doPost(Re
questFactoryServlet.java:133)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:
487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler
.java:1097)
at
com.google.gwt.sample.dynatablerf.server.SchoolCalendarService.doFilter(Scho
olCalendarService.java:89)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler
.java:1088)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:
360)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:
216)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:
181)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:
729)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:
405)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:
152)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RequestLogHandler.handle(RequestLogHandler.java:
49
)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:
152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:
505)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection
$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:
843)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:647)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:205)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:
395)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool
$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488
)
[ERROR] 500 - POST /gwtRequest (127.0.0.1) 1420 bytes
Request headers
Host: 127.0.0.1:8888
Connection: keep-alive
Mon Oct 03 08:24:50 EST 2011 WireActivityLogger
SEVERE: Server Error 500 <html>
<head>
charset=ISO-8859-1"/>
<title>Error 500 INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR</title>
</head>
jetty.mortbay.org/">Po

Development Mode window (also wired to console by default in
DynaTableRf sample):
Mon Oct 03 08:24:50 EST 2011
com.google.gwt.sample.dynatablerf.client.DynaTableR
SEVERE: One or more exceptions caught, see full set in
UmbrellaException#getCaus
es
com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.UmbrellaException: One or more
exceptions ca
ught, see full set in UmbrellaException#getCauses
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext.fai
l(AbstractRequestContext.java:727)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext
$5.o
nTransportFailure(AbstractRequestContext.java:1104)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.gwt.client.DefaultRequestTransport
$1.o
nResponseReceived(DefaultRequestTransport.java:140)
at
com.google.gwt.http.client.Request.fireOnResponseReceived(Request.java:
287)
at com.google.gwt.http.client.RequestBuilder
$1.onReadyStateChange(RequestBuilde
r.java:395)
at
39
)
at
.java:25)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:
103)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:
71)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java
:172)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingFor
Return(BrowserChannelServer.java:337)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChanne
lServer.java:218)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:
136
)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:
561)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:
269
)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.ja
va:91)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:213)
at
39
)
at
.java:25)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:
103)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:
71)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java
:172)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannel
Server.java:292)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChann
elServer.java:546)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:
363)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Server Error 500 <html>
<head>
charset=ISO-8859-1"/>
<title>Error 500 INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR</title>
</head>
jetty.mortbay.org/">Po

at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.Receiver.onFailure(Receiver.jav
a:44)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequest.onFail(Abs
tractRequest.java:118)
at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext.fai
l(AbstractRequestContext.java:707)

On Oct 1, 6:48 pm, Jonas Zumkehr <jonas.zumk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When you run the application, you should get errors in the "Development
> Mode" or "Console" Tabs. Can you post them?
> You get there some good hints where to look for the problem.

Eric Andresen

Oct 3, 2011, 2:20:35 PM10/3/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Evan,

  The extra steps I had to go through to get the annotation processor to run were to remove all the m2e (and everything provided by "Sonatype, Inc") components from my Eclipse install, and then to a clean re-install of the "Maven Integration for WTP" package and all of its dependencies.  The different versions of the Maven integration plugins were fighting with each other.

I don't know if that will help your problem or not, but it might help out anyone who sees this error on a SpringSource STS + GWT + Maven project.

Eric Andresen

Gregor

Oct 23, 2011, 5:22:24 PM10/23/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
When I added the option "verbose=false" to the Annotation Processing the .apt_generated folder got populated with the <bla>FactoryObfuscatorBuilder(s)and then it got also compiled to the classes directory in the war.
I can only underline the importance of this option (strange as it might seem).
Gregor

oerten25

Nov 20, 2011, 5:47:27 PM11/20/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I've been getting the same error and tried the things mentioned in the
discussion without any luck. Finally i realised that i don't have the
"apt_generated" folder. So i changed the "generated source directory"
option to something other than "apt_generated" in Annotation
Processing setting. That fixed it.

On Oct 2, 11:29 pm, TULC <evan.a.te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just get the sameerroras posted by Eric at the beginning of the

> thread, but I have copied/pasted the full dump below.
>
> Thomas, I'm not sure what you mean about the .apt_generated being in
> my build path?
>
> Thanks for the help, guys...
> Evan
>
> Console:
> (org.apache.jasper.compiler.Js
> pRuntimeContext).

> log4j:WARN Seehttp://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig

> for more in
> fo.
> 03/10/2011 8:24:49 AM
> com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.RequestFactor
> yServlet doPost
> SEVERE: Unexpectederror

> java.lang.RuntimeException: TheRequestFactoryValidationToolmustberunfor th

> [ERROR]500- POST /gwtRequest (127.0.0.1) 1420 bytes

>    Request headers
>       Host: 127.0.0.1:8888
>       Connection: keep-alive
> Mon Oct 03 08:24:50 EST 2011 WireActivityLogger
> SEVERE: ServerError500<html>
> <head>

> <metahttp-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;

> charset=ISO-8859-1"/>
> <title>Error500INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR</title>
> </head>

> com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChanne l
> Server.java:292)
>         at
> com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChan n

> elServer.java:546)
>         at
> com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java :
> 363)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: ServerError500<html>
> <head>

> <metahttp-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;

> charset=ISO-8859-1"/>
> <title>Error500INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR</title>
> </head>

>         at com.google.gwt.http.client.RequestBuilder...
>
> read more »

dparish

Dec 13, 2011, 8:12:52 PM12/13/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I had the same problem. There are two other possible reasons you see
this:

1. Your java compliance level in the project is set to 1.5
2. Your classes are already compiled. I don't know why, but touching
the my RequestContext classes had NO affect until I deleted the
classes that were compiled before I added annotations. Now it all
works just fine.

Attention Google:
This stuff is waaaayyyy tooo complicated. I'm good. really I am, but
this is just misdirection at it's worst.

> read more »

TULC

Jan 14, 2012, 9:32:56 PM1/14/12
to Google Web Toolkit
I'm still stuck on this. Some projects I've ported to 2.4 now work,
but others still just won't budge. I have tried all the additional
steps, but my *DeobfuscatorBuilder.java just won't appear in those
projects (event thought the .apt_generated folder does, and is
replaced if I change the name). I have noticed some (though not all)
of those projects are now giving me the error "build.properties does
not exist", which may or may not be related.

I'm frustrated to the point I'm considering ditching GWT altogether; I
haven't been able to proceed with any GWT development since the 2.4
upgrade. Like the man said, I'm good, really I am, but I just can't
figure this one out, and it really shouldn't be this hard. Thanks for
the breaking change.

Evan

> read more »

Thomas Broyer

Jan 15, 2012, 6:53:10 AM1/15/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Eclipse seems to have issues with annotation processors (it regularly generates errors when I modify source code; generally it resolves itself after either a new change, a refresh or a rebuild).

Is your app working if you compile your code outside Eclipse?

As for your "build.properties does not exist" error, have a look at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1226642/why-do-i-get-a-warning-build-properties-does-not-exist

Rob Whiteside

Jan 27, 2012, 3:21:46 PM1/27/12
to Google Web Toolkit
Been a couple weeks since anyone chimed in on this issue. Has anyone
solved this? I am experiencing the same issues.
> As for your "build.properties does not exist" error, have a look athttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/1226642/why-do-i-get-a-warning-bui...

Rob Whiteside

Jan 27, 2012, 4:42:54 PM1/27/12
to Google Web Toolkit
I ended up solving my problem. I think the validation stuff that puts
stuff in that .apt_generated folder was failing, but not reporting it
to the eclipse console or problems tabs.

My application is spread over 2 projects (so far). I have one project
that is basically a bunch of classes that were generated by jaxws.
The second project is the GWT project that contains my requestFactory
stuff. I was creating an "EntityProxy" in my GWT project that was a
"proxyfor" one of those Jaxws generated objects. After following all
the directions, I was not getting anything in my .apt_generated
directory (Just like Evan was reporting).

I discovered that when I removed my EntityProxy for the jaxws genned
object, the .apt_generated folder would populate. Adding it back in
would cause it to go away again. After some investigation, I ended up
adding a bunch of jars to my GWT-project's classpath so that it
matched the classpath of my jaxws-project. After that, it all worked.

I suspect that the GWT annotation-processor/validation stuff was
failing with some classpath related problems and not reporting it.

--Rob

agzamovr

Feb 18, 2012, 9:08:47 AM2/18/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I also noticed that -strict flag should not be used for GWT compiler. Compiler prints error message but code works well...

agzamovr

Feb 19, 2012, 11:53:02 PM2/19/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
BTW, i use requestfactory-client+src.jar and requestfactory-server+src.jar which contains source files of this libraries. Without this sources requestfactory doesn't works.

Felipe Stanham

Apr 16, 2012, 3:38:16 PM4/16/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I Know this is old but I just got stuck with the same problem. Did you ever got around this and solved it?

I'm really frustrated, I've tried everything I knew of, everything any blog speaks of and still no validation run!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Brandon Donnelson

Apr 21, 2012, 11:40:24 PM4/21/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I've got RF working fine. I also use this config in my war for chasing things.

        <servlet>

<servlet-name>requestFactoryServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.RequestFactoryServlet</servlet-class>

<init-param>

<param-name>symbolMapsDirectory</param-name>

<!-- You'll need to compile with -extras and move the symbolMaps directory
                                to this location if you want stack trace deobfuscation to work -->

<param-value>WEB-INF/classes/symbolMaps/</param-value>

</init-param>

</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>requestFactoryServlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/gwtRequest</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

Hope that helps,
Brandon Donnelson
Screen shot 2012-04-21 at 8.39.11 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-04-21 at 8.39.27 PM.png

Prashant Hegde

Apr 22, 2012, 7:03:32 AM4/22/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
encountered the same issue today, solved by changing the directory name from .apt_generated to .apt_generated1

Seems like that forces a revalidation.

Prashant

Brandon Donnelson

Apr 22, 2012, 1:49:18 PM4/22/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Would clean project fix that too?

Have a good day,
Brandon Donnelson

saurabh saurabh

Apr 28, 2012, 2:13:53 AM4/28/12
to Google Web Toolkit
I too have been banging my head for RequestFactory error 'The
RequestFactory ValidationTool must be run for the ....'. I too have
requestfactory-apt.jar on buid path. Done checking eclipse('helios')
for annotation processing. I am quite frustrated at all and thinking
on moving over gwt. Do we have any explicit way to revoke the
validation tool or any straight solution to the problem like working
from command line to run Validation tool or are there any parameters
to give in run config. Please help!!! any link, any reference on net
to explain in depth what is this validation tool and why n how it
works. SOS!!!!!!

> read more »

saurabh saurabh

Apr 28, 2012, 2:29:16 AM4/28/12
to Google Web Toolkit
Is there any chance if move on to maven or check 'Use google
appengine'( I am not using appengine) to make it work

> read more »

Prashant Hegde

Apr 28, 2012, 3:05:52 AM4/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried renaming .apt_generated to .apt_generated1 (different from .apt_generated) in the Compiler Settings > Annotation processing section. That worked for me.

Prashant

saurabh saurabh

Apr 28, 2012, 3:56:26 AM4/28/12
to Google Web Toolkit
No, it didn't, I tried everything suggested in the forum, now I am
thinking of upgrading helios to indigo may be that could help.

> read more »

saurabh saurabh

Apr 28, 2012, 6:05:30 AM4/28/12
to Google Web Toolkit
hey sorry prashant I mean thr yes I did renamed it.

> read more »

ant...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2012, 3:28:37 PM4/28/12
to Google Web Toolkit
If the project is maven based, try :

Right click on project -> Run -> Maven clean
and then hit F5 to revalidate the project

> read more »

Thomas Broyer

Apr 28, 2012, 5:14:54 PM4/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
See http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/RequestFactoryInterfaceValidation

There are recipes for Eclipse, the command line, and Maven. Choose your poison.

jmbz84

May 28, 2012, 5:34:36 PM5/28/12
to Google Web Toolkit
My project was running fine when suddendly and I enfasize SUDDENDLY, I
got the Validation error.

I was following all the steps in
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/RequestFactoryInterfaceValidation
before the error, I changed the .apt_generated to .apt_generated1 but
it didn't solve anything.

I solved it strangely by:

1.- Clean the project
2.- Close the project
3.- Open the project and change .apt_generated to .apt_generated1
4.- Recompile and worked fine

I don't know why but this worked.

Hope it helps

Arash

Jun 16, 2012, 4:57:45 AM6/16/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I have been struggling with the similar issue and then some. I finally succeeded to make Maven, 2.4 and RF work all together. Here's the details in springsource forum:

Thanks,
Arash

Thomas Broyer

Jun 16, 2012, 5:30:06 AM6/16/12

On Saturday, June 16, 2012 10:57:45 AM UTC+2, Arash wrote:
I have been struggling with the similar issue and then some. I finally succeeded to make Maven, 2.4 and RF work all together.

Maven, GWT 2.4 and RF always worked rather well together (RfValidator is a standard Java annotation processor), and the new m2e-apt connector from JBoss integrates it nicely within Eclipse.
See also http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/detail?r=11019 for an alternate way of doing it (if you cannot use m2e-apt)

AFAIK, the issue was when you have other processors such as AspectJ. I'm not using it though, so I can't comment.

Aman Sharma

Apr 7, 2013, 8:56:19 AM4/7/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
How to do the all of these steps if no IDE's including Eclipse.

On Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:33:49 AM UTC+5:30, Jonas wrote:
Hi,

hujian...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2013, 9:21:16 PM9/11/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I add DynaTableRequestFactoryDeobfuscatorBuilder class from this site:
It seems woring fine now