Re: Trying to optimize a widget that is used a LOT of times...

Thomas Broyer

Nov 30, 2012, 8:44:56 PM11/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'd rather use option C or D:

C: use Widget rather than Composite
D: use a HTML widget (possibly HTMLPanel) as root

You don't need to use a FocusPanel to listener to mouse events, addDomHandler is public.

On Saturday, December 1, 2012 1:22:19 AM UTC+1, regnoult axel wrote:
Hello,

I am sorry for the unprecise subject, but I would like to know what should be "the smallest memory consuming" OR "the fastest loading" solution for my widget that I will heavily use (displaying it a hundred times so I think that the little differences should be considered....).

The 2 possibility of the same widget are:

case A:
g:HTMLPanel
   g:Image
   g:Label
   g:Label

case B:
g:FocusPanel
  img
  label
  label

NB:
- img is smaller than g:Image     and     label is smaller than g:Label

- I need a special rollover behavior
(cf. images in the attachement, when I rollover, a light background appear...) , that is why I use the Focus panel (case B) in order to use "the MouseOver Event" all over the widget.

- In case A, let say that I need to implement 3 times the same behavior (MouseOver the img, MouseOver the label....) in order to trigger the background effect all over the widget.

Question:
Does SpeedTracer is the only tool to mesure the difference between my 2 solutions OR is it obvious that case B will be faster to load ?

Thanks you for your help,

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted