Is google-appengine is necessary for RequestFactory

saurabh saurabh

Apr 28, 2012, 3:53:52 AM4/28/12
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi all,
I am taking chances for RequestFactory for a module this time and it
hasn't been any fun. I am using eclipse helios.
Project is using GWT, Spring, Hibernate.
To be precise I have validator-api-1.0.0.GA.jar, hibernate-
validator.jar, requestfactory-apt.jar in build-path and have checked
'annotation processing'.
I have here 2 problems:
1) With appengine:-
When I check 'Use google appengine' in
project properties I get this
-> HibernateException: unable to get default bean validation factory

2)Without appengine:-
Validation tool must run for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RequestFactory type.

I think my problem is second one. I have been trying alot to resolve
this but no luck. Finally now I am thinking of upgrading eclipse
helios to indigo.

help!!

Thomas Broyer

Apr 29, 2012, 7:40:48 AM4/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, April 28, 2012 9:53:52 AM UTC+2, saurabh saurabh wrote:
Hi all,
I am taking chances for RequestFactory for a module this time and it
hasn't been any fun. I am using eclipse helios.
Project is using GWT, Spring, Hibernate.
To be precise I have validator-api-1.0.0.GA.jar, hibernate-
validator.jar, requestfactory-apt.jar in build-path and have checked
'annotation processing'.

You don't need requestfactory-apt in your build path; but you need to add it to the "factory path".

Also, note that Eclipse's annotation processing is really buggy (to say the least), so you might have to clean your project, remove the .apt_generated folder, rename the output folder in the eproject properties, or similar incantations from time to time.