Celltable performance issue

lucky

Jun 1, 2012, 2:04:45 AM6/1/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I am using GWT 2.4 version.
And using Celltable with pager and ListDataProvider to display the data.

I have large amount of data contains(9000+) records(rows and 10 colums) to display.
when I am trying to display these records my application becomes unresponsive.

Please let me know how can i improve the performance of this?

Jens

Jun 1, 2012, 5:20:14 AM6/1/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I would guess you load the 9000+ records from the server using GWT-RPC? If so, its not CellTable thats slow but its the GWT-RPC deserialization that occurs when you receive the server response with the 9000+ records.

To speed things up you could use an AsyncDataProvider and only load the records that are currently visible in the table. That way only a small number of records are fetched from the server and have to be deserialized which does not lock the browser.

-- J.

lucky

Jun 1, 2012, 5:23:51 AM6/1/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I am using RequestFactory not a GWT_RPC.

Jens

Jun 1, 2012, 5:33:35 AM6/1/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Although RequestFactory should be faster than GWT-RPC when it comes to converting the server result string back to the object graph, 9000+ records are maybe too much for RequestFactory as well. You could verify it by just loading the data without putting it into the CellTable  / DataProvider. The browser probably still freezes just because you load so much data.

Only solution is to load less data at once (no one will ever scroll/click through 9000 records).

-- J.

lucky

Jun 1, 2012, 5:42:13 AM6/1/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
if i load less amount of data it is working time
but if i want to load 3000+ records it is loading but taking time
when i search it in the google i found that we can use pushApi
but i dont know how to use that
could you please tell me can we use this.If so, How can we use this?

Thanks

-- J.

Thomas Broyer

Jun 1, 2012, 6:58:20 AM6/1/12

On Friday, June 1, 2012 11:42:13 AM UTC+2, lucky wrote:
if i load less amount of data it is working time
but if i want to load 3000+ records it is loading but taking time
when i search it in the google i found that we can use pushApi
but i dont know how to use that
could you please tell me can we use this.If so, How can we use this?

Pager + 9000+ rows should have been enough hints to lead you to use an AsyncDataProvider (loading one "page" at a time) instead of a ListDataProvider. Why search for complicated solutions ("pushApi", whatever it actually is) when there are simple ones ready to be used?

lucky

Jun 4, 2012, 7:23:30 AM6/4/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Could you please provide me the sample example for this?

kim young ill

Jun 5, 2012, 4:38:38 PM6/5/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
check out the showcase & this: