the gwt-PopupPanelGlass height increase unexpectedly

tong123123

May 30, 2012, 5:09:39 AM5/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
as show in the image, beforesearch, there is no scrollbar in the right hand side, and then press search, in the searching.png, it show a warning message, and after press ok, the result is shown (result.png), but one point very strange, in the result.png, there is a scrollbar in the background right hand side, and I check with F12 in IE, the reason is the gwt-PopupPanelGlass height expanded, why will this occur?

if I search less record, let's said the result only has 3 records, the background right hand side scrollbar will not be shown, and the gwt-PopupPanelGlass will not be expanded when check by F12 in IE.
BeforeSearch.png
Searching.png
Result.png

tong123123

May 30, 2012, 5:28:46 AM5/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
add the image shown in F12 in IE. in gwt-PopupPanelGlass, the height is increased to 1134px with unknown reason

gwt-DialogBox.png
gwt-PopupPanelGlass.png

Thomas Broyer

May 30, 2012, 5:48:23 AM5/30/12

On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:09:39 AM UTC+2, tong123123 wrote:
as show in the image, beforesearch, there is no scrollbar in the right hand side, and then press search, in the searching.png, it show a warning message, and after press ok, the result is shown (result.png), but one point very strange, in the result.png, there is a scrollbar in the background right hand side, and I check with F12 in IE, the reason is the gwt-PopupPanelGlass height expanded, why will this occur?

if I search less record, let's said the result only has 3 records, the background right hand side scrollbar will not be shown, and the gwt-PopupPanelGlass will not be expanded when check by F12 in IE.

The glass panel is sized to the widest/highest of the viewport (window) or the document (when it's wider/higher than the viewport; i.e. there are scrollbars), and is then resized if the window is resized (but not if the document content changes, because it's nearly impossible to detect).

So, the behavior you're seeing is probably due to the document having those scrollbars at the time the glass panel's size is computed.

If you really want to debug this, I'd recommend compiling in "-style PRETTY" and then debugging the JS in IE, setting a breakpoint in PopupPanel#maybeShowGlass. Particularly, check document.documentElement.scrollHeight on each step to try to understand when and why it grows that way.

tong123123

May 30, 2012, 6:25:46 AM5/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I found if the record exceed 100 warning is not shown even the search result record is really > 100 (Searching.png), the glass is shown property and the scrollbar in the background document will not be shown.
in show count warning, I set GlassEnabled(true) and AnimationEnabled(true) and then set the popupPanel.setWidget(FlowPanel),
when the user press the ok button in the Flowpanel of show count warning, I create another TabLayoutPanel and set it in the PopupPanel.
is this information helpful?

tong123123

May 31, 2012, 4:45:58 AM5/31/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
when I rollback and use CellTable instead of DataGrid, everything becomes normal.
even in the search criteria page has scrollbar (searchWithScrollbar.png) and the more than 100 warning is shown, the result glass can still cover the background document scrollbar (as seen in result.png), so really do not known what happen.
searchWithScrollbar.png
moreThan100.png
Result.png