AJAX crawling scheme

Danny

Dec 23, 2012, 7:34:16 AM12/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I've read over at https://developers.google.com/webmasters/ajax-crawling/docs/getting-started that in order to make a GWT app more SEO-able, that we simply replace the original "#" with "#!" in all of our URLs. I can't figure out the best way to do this though in an Activities and Places project.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

RyanZA

Dec 23, 2012, 8:43:21 AM12/23/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
You generally need to do more than #! as GWT is all javascript..

However, cleanest approach is to make your own PlaceHistoryMapper - you can then control exactly how places are turned into tokens.

You will also need to provide html snapshots though, which is a lot tougher...