Automatic compiling in Hosted Mode

Adolfo Panizo Touzon

Jan 4, 2012, 6:06:38 AM1/4/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I succeeded the step deploy my GWT app to an external server (in my case WebSphere). This step is "easy" (here).

Now, I'm trying to "compile" automatically the app (on fly)  to avoid the slow process of compilation (because now when I made a change in my app, my WebSphere Server restart it automatically).

The basic idea, is that I want to start the GWT Development Mode (like this) and work from here, but I don't how can I do.

Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.

Regards.

Adolfo.

--
El precio es lo que pagas. El valor es lo que recibes.
Warren Buffet

Galache

Jan 4, 2012, 12:17:52 PM1/4/12
to Google Web Toolkit
AFAIK, you can´t do that. For deploy your GWT app in an external
server you need to compile it. GWT Dev mode doesn´t generate the
permutations.

On 4 ene, 12:06, Adolfo Panizo Touzon <adolfo.pan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I succeeded the step deploy my GWT app to an external server (in my case
> WebSphere). This step is "easy"
> (here<http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideCompilingAndDebu...>
> ).
>
> Now, I'm trying to "compile" automatically the app (on fly)  to avoid the
> slow process of compilation (because now when I made a change in my app, my
> WebSphere Server restart it automatically).
>
> The basic idea, is that I want to start the GWT Development Mode (like
> this<http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideCompilingAndDebu...>)

Janko Ulaga

Jan 27, 2012, 9:30:59 AM1/27/12
Adolfo Panizo Touzon <adolfo.panizo@...> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I succeeded the step deploy my GWT app to an external server (in my case
WebSphere). This step is "easy" (here).

> Now, I'm trying to "compile" automatically the app (on fly)  to avoid the slow
process of compilation (because now when I made a change in my app, my WebSphere
Server restart it automatically).

> The basic idea, is that I want to start the GWT Development Mode (like this)
and work from here, but I don't how can I do.

> Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.
>
> Regards.
>

> Adolfo.-- El precio es lo que pagas. El valor es lo que recibes.
> Warren Buffet

Guys, i'm having trouble setting up my environment to work in GWT DEV MODE.
My server side is a Websphere 7 on my local computer, and i have tried to follow
instructions from the same page you did, but no success.
My GWT project is installed in a Websphere container inside a web project and
with a context root. index.html is accessible through
localhost:9081/GwtApp

So, when i run my fully deployed app, everything works. DEV mode does not work.
This is my debug config. arguments line:

-remoteUI "${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id}" -logLevel INFO -
codeServerPort 9997 -war E:\webBundle-workspc\GwtApp\war -noserver "C:\Program
Files\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7\profiles\was70profile\installedApps\razvojCell\We
bBundle.ear\GwtApp.war" dev.entry.GwtApp

Can you help me out here?

Thomas Broyer

Jan 29, 2012, 6:07:55 AM1/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com, Google-We...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, January 27, 2012 3:30:59 PM UTC+1, Janko Ulaga wrote:

So, when i run my fully deployed app, everything works. DEV mode does not work.
This is my debug config. arguments line:

-remoteUI "${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id}" -logLevel INFO -
codeServerPort 9997 -war E:\webBundle-workspc\GwtApp\war -noserver "C:\Program
Files\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7\profiles\was70profile\installedApps\razvojCell\We
bBundle.ear\GwtApp.war" dev.entry.GwtApp

Can you help me out here?

-noserver takes no value, and it only prevents the built-in server from launching. You might want to provide a -startupUrl so the DevMode tells you the exact URL to reach (this is probably what you're missing here to make it work):

-remoteUI "${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id}" -logLevel INFO -codeServerPort 9997 -war E:\webBundle-workspc\GwtApp\war -noserver -startupUrl http://localhost:9081/GwtApp/ dev.entry.GwtApp

With this the DevMode should tell you to open http://localhost:9081/GwtApp/?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997