UIBinder - custom ElementParser for my UI Widgets.

Sebastián Gurin

Oct 29, 2012, 5:44:14 PM10/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. I'm developing  UIBinder support for my GWT port of JavaScript library YUI. So far so good, but now I encounter the following problem.

In YUI, there are components like TabView (similar to TabPanel / TabLayoutPanel). I would very like to support a XML syntax like TabPanel or TabLayoutPanel with pseudo XML elements for grouping the tabs and titles (<g:tab>, <g:header>, etc)

As I understand this is the responsability of com.google.gwt.uibinder.elementparsers.ElementParser. As I can see there is an implementation for each "complex" YUI widget.

I would very like to try developing my own ElementParsers, but I cannot find how to register a custom ElementParser for my own YUI widgets.

I can see a lot of people doing nasty hacks for support something similar and I cannot believe that GWT UIBinder do not support this. Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Thomas Broyer

Oct 29, 2012, 6:05:59 PM10/29/12