Height of DataGrid

tong123123

Nov 30, 2012, 1:37:05 AM11/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I placed a datagrid inside a column of flextable and I found that I must expliciitly set the height, and cannot use % like 100%, but % is allowed to use in the width, why this happens? due to Datagrid implements RequiresResize Interface and its containing widget FlexTable has not implements ProvidesResize?

Thomas Broyer

Nov 30, 2012, 6:24:55 AM11/30/12

On Friday, November 30, 2012 7:37:05 AM UTC+1, tong123123 wrote:
I placed a datagrid inside a column of flextable and I found that I must expliciitly set the height, and cannot use % like 100%, but % is allowed to use in the width, why this happens? due to Datagrid implements RequiresResize Interface and its containing widget FlexTable has not implements ProvidesResize?

Yes. When used outside ProvidesResize, RequiresResize widgets need to be given explicit dimensions *and* be notified whenever they change, so the rule of thumb is to use "fixed" sizes (pixels, centimeters, etc. EMs and EXs might work too, but not necessarily with all widgets)