Referencing a GWT project from another - CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long

InViVe

Mar 31, 2012, 3:06:05 PM3/31/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

I am already using an open source GWT project (iServe) and I would like to integrate into it another open source GWT project (PetalsBPM), by which I mean being able to call it and reference its methods.

Both projects (which include multiple modules) have been imported  into Eclipse successfully, but whenever I try to add a specific PetalsBPM module (the one containing its entrypoint) to iServe through Properties -> Java Build Path -> Projects, although it does not cause any errors immediately, I cannot launch iServe anymore. It produces the following error:

"Exception occurred executing command line. Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "C:...iserve-sal-gwt-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT"): CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long"

Trying to figure out the source of this error, I attempted to simplify the problem, so I performed the following moves:

  1. I created two new simple GWT projects and tried to reference one from the other. Worked fine
  2. I referenced the module I actually want to use (PetalsBPM) from the simple one I just created. Also works fine.
  3. I referenced the new simple project from the original one I want to use (iServe). Also works fine.
  4. Tried referencing a different module of the PetalsBPM project, and it still does not produce this error (with some modules it runs without any errors, with others it produces errors that are different and fixable).
  5. Finally, I tried switching workspaces. I created a new workspace in C:\, and moved the actual projects there, in case the filenames were indeed too long. Still it did not work. :(

Based on the above, I ‘m guessing that the problem is that each of the modules I m trying to integrate is based on many other modules, so their “sum” ends up too big. But I don’t know how to fix such a problem.

I have read elsewhere to try and set java forking to false, and disable enhancements, but I don’t know how to do the first or if it would help, and my project does not use Google’s AppEngine (or ORM)

Any help would be appreciated!