Migrating CSS to GWT 2.4

GWTFan

Aug 29, 2012, 9:23:17 PM8/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
We are in the process of migrating from GWT 1.5.3 to 2.4.
I have moved the gwt folder containing css files from public to war  folder. But as they were from 1.5.3 apparently some new definitions are missing.
Where do I find the standard.css and other css files for GWT 2.4?

Thanks and appreciate any pointers.

Chris Lercher

Aug 30, 2012, 2:08:03 AM8/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
They're in gwt-user.jar, in subdirectories of package "com.google.gwt.user.theme". You can also view them in the subversion browser, e.g. http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/browse/tags/2.4.0/user/src/com/google/gwt/user/theme/standard/public/gwt/standard/standard.css

The css files will be copied automatically to a subdirectory of your war folder (mymodulename/gwt/...), if your module inherits e.g.

    <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.theme.standard.StandardResources'/>

If you also want to automatically inject the standard.css into your host HTML page, then you would use

    <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.theme.standard.Standard'/>

instead.

GWTFan

Aug 30, 2012, 1:13:59 PM8/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I had copied the old gwt folder with the css that was causing GWT not to refresh with new version.

After I removed the folder containing the old css and  inherited the standard.css, GWT created the newer css files/folde.r

Thanks for your help!