GWT Dev Plugin broke (Chrome/mac osx)

Jambi

Sep 26, 2012, 12:49:08 PM9/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

today I was starting my gwt app in Chrome and there appears a message that the dev plugin couldn´t be loaded. I think this could be the fault of an auto update... Does anyone else have this issue on Mac osx with Chrome 22.0.1229.79 and dev plugin 1.0.9738?

this drives me crazy oO!

John

Sep 26, 2012, 1:23:25 PM9/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
YES!!  And I thought maybe uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin might help, but it doesn't reinstall. :(

Jambi

Sep 26, 2012, 1:35:29 PM9/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
ah ok! have you figured out a convienient way to roll back the versioning? maybe someone has an idea which old version to use. I was trying an older beta but it still won´t work

Jens

Sep 26, 2012, 1:41:59 PM9/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
It works with stable Chrome 21.x.xxx. Just don't use the Chrome Beta build.

-- J.

John

Sep 26, 2012, 1:44:26 PM9/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
No, just jumped over to Firefox.  What a pain!

Jambi

Sep 26, 2012, 1:54:47 PM9/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Jens

Sep 26, 2012, 2:01:37 PM9/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
You should also consider using Firefox during development. The DevMode plugin for Firefox is a lot faster than the Chrome plugin.

-- J.

Jambi

Sep 26, 2012, 2:03:18 PM9/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Yes, usually i do. But right now i´m developing with MGWT (so webkit only).

Thad

Sep 26, 2012, 2:57:15 PM9/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I've got it working! See https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/jDg3KoXoVPc/9PcgFBvLJM8J

Jambi

Sep 26, 2012, 3:17:15 PM9/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the hint! I´ll try it later

Tony Rah

Sep 27, 2012, 12:17:38 PM9/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Follow Thad's link to the other discussion and use Brandon's fix from there (installing last version of Chrome side-by-side with the latest). All other approaches were met with failure for me and although Firefox is much faster and more stable, I just can't stomach developing on that browser anymore except during cross-browser test waves prior to checkin. I imagine the GWT team will get the plugin fixed in the next few days and the old version of Chrome in question is only about 4 weeks old so not a big deal.

Also, so you don't spend time figuring it out you are looking for chrome v21.0.1180.89. That was the version prior to v22.0.1229.79 that was released yesterday that broke dev mode.

Konstantin Solomatov

Oct 1, 2012, 9:58:36 AM10/1/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Still have the same problem. Is anyone going to fix it?

Thomas Broyer

Oct 1, 2012, 10:00:22 AM10/1/12

On Monday, October 1, 2012 3:58:37 PM UTC+2, Konstantin Solomatov wrote:
Still have the same problem. Is anyone going to fix it?

Max Völkel

Oct 14, 2012, 5:48:36 AM10/14/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Any update on this?

Max Völkel

Oct 22, 2012, 7:58:15 AM10/22/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, now works fine on Chrome Version 22.0.1229.94. Thanks!