Validation in GWT 2.4 How To?

objectuser

Sep 10, 2011, 7:07:34 PM9/10/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Is there a how-to on setting this up?  I actually have it working but am wondering about a couple things like:
  1. Do I have to have the two source archives in WEB-INF/lib, or do they just need to be in the compile path?
  2. Is there a recommended way of setting it up with GIN?
Thanks.

Y2i

Sep 10, 2011, 8:51:09 PM9/10/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I used this post to set it up.
The shared RequestFactory interfaces and their server domain counterparts are only required during the compilation.

objectuser

Sep 10, 2011, 9:25:27 PM9/10/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I may be further from understanding that I thought, but I'm talking about Bean Validation (javax.validation).  Is that post still applicable?

Y2i

Sep 10, 2011, 10:27:04 PM9/10/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Oh, the post is about request factory validation.  Before 2.4 the errors were caught at GWT compile time (or debug time in debugging mode), now they are caught at javac compile time.  Sorry, I misunderstood the question.

Saul Simhon

Sep 12, 2011, 8:44:22 AM9/12/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Im also having problems regarding client side bean validation using annotations in 2.4. Anyone have any info in this?

On Sep 10, 2011, at 9:25 PM, objectuser <kevin....@gmail.com> wrote:

I may be further from understanding that I thought, but I'm talking about Bean Validation (javax.validation).  Is that post still applicable?

objectuser

Sep 12, 2011, 11:13:55 AM9/12/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I have it "working", just not sure if it's the best way.

What are your problems?  Maybe I can help.

Bing

Sep 12, 2011, 12:33:25 PM9/12/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I Also have an issue with Validation.jar file.

I can't build my application with GWT 2.4. but I can build the same application with GWT 2.0. Here is list of software I use.

GWT 2.4
Spring 2.5.4
Hibernate 3.7

This is my 'workaround'. I remove the validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar from my eclipse plugin directory. (C:\MyProgram\eclipse\plugins\com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.4.0.r36v201108301710\gwt-2.4.0). Then I can build my application. I need better 'working' solution of it.

Please refer to the error message attached below. Thanks for your help!

[WARN] Server class 'javax.validation.Validation' could not be found in the web app, but was found on the system classpath

[WARN] Adding classpath entry 'file:/C:/AuditProgram/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.4.0.r36v201108301710/gwt-2.4.0/validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar' to the web app classpath for this session

For additional info see: file:/C:/AuditProgram/eclipse/plugins/com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle_2.4.0.r36v201108301710/gwt-2.4.0/doc/helpInfo/webAppClassPath.html

[ INFO] 09/08/11 16:47:39 <org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry:destroySingletons():396>:

Destroying singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@bb70ad: defining beans [userAdminDataSource,userInfoSource,transactionManager,sessionFactory,org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator,org.springframework.transaction.config.internalTransactionAdvisor,ldapDAO,usersDao,userAdminDao,userService,emailNotificationService,mailSender]; root of factory hierarchy

objectuser

Sep 12, 2011, 12:40:38 PM9/12/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I think your issue is just a deployment issue.  I don't think you have GWT 2.4 properly installed in your web app.

Bing

Sep 12, 2011, 1:11:08 PM9/12/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply, objectUser! Yes. The error message does come from deployment.

I installed GWT 2.4 SDK and GWT Desinger through eclipse plugin. Here are the sites I used and what I selected to install.
(I selected Google Plugin for Eclipse(required), GWT Designer for GPE(recommended), and SDKs)
(GWT Designer and WindowBuilder Engine(required))

I didn't have any error message during installation. Can you tell what I did wrong to cause this Validation issue? Thanks for your help!

objectuser

Sep 12, 2011, 1:33:52 PM9/12/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I just think you need to make sure that the libs in WEB-INF/lib are up to date, including the validation jars (the API and sources and the Hibernate implementation and sources).

objectuser

Sep 12, 2011, 3:28:01 PM9/12/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Replying to my own post ... it looks to me that you don't need the sources jars in your WEB-INF/lib, just your compile path for the GWT compile phase.  Not having them in WEB-INF/lib could be important if you're using GAE.

If anyone's interested, here's how I did it: