Custom compiler options with the gwt maven plugin

P.G.Taboada

Jun 28, 2012, 5:40:07 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

with the release GWT 2.5.0 RC1 release, I ran into the issue that I cannot add a custom gwt compiler parameter in my pom. At least I cannot find any documentation showing how to do it.

I would like to turn on the experimental closure compiler.

Am I missing something?

Thomas Broyer

Jun 28, 2012, 6:21:22 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
No, there's no way to pass arguments that have not been exposed explicitly by the gwt-maven-plugin.

BTW, I just pushed enableClosureCompiler, so you can "mvn install" the plugin (or download the latest artifact from BuildHive and deploy it in your repo) and start using it.
There are still a few open issues in the roadmap for the gwt-maven-plugin (and there are probably other issues we'd like to add there), but we might make the 2.5.0-rc1 release without waiting for all of them to be resolved.

If you wan't use a SNAPSHOT, then in the mean time you can switch to running the compiler with the exec-maven-plugin.

P.G.Taboada

Jun 28, 2012, 8:43:22 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, switched to snapshot.