GWT dev plugin for Chrome 21.0.1180.60 m not installing

Rahul

Aug 2, 2012, 8:00:01 AM8/2/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I recently reinstalled my chrome and new version is 21.0.1180.60 m.

When I try to install GWT dev mode plugin, all I get is .crx file but it cannot be installed on Chrome. The new version of chrome only allows extensions from the chrome store.

What can do to get in running on new chrome.

For now I am running dev mode on IE9.. but hate it. Config: GWT 2.4 / GAE: 1.7 on Windows 7 environment.

Regards,
Rahul

Jens

Aug 2, 2012, 8:29:56 AM8/2/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Rahul

Aug 2, 2012, 9:21:08 AM8/2/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jens,

Thanks tracking the topics now. Seems like solution still eludes though.

/Rahul

Adolfo Panizo Touzon

Aug 3, 2012, 6:21:15 AM8/3/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
In the meantime that is the steps:

  1. right click on the chrome icon>Properties>Shortcut
  2. add in target: --enable-easy-off-store-extension-install
  3. open chrome and navitage to extensions ( chrome://chrome/extensions/ )
  4. drag and drop on it the plugin (I've attached it)
Hope it helps.

Adolfo.

2012/8/2 Rahul <rahul....@gmail.com>

El precio es lo que pagas. El valor es lo que recibes.
Warren Buffet
gwt-dev-plugin.crx

Joseph Lust

Oct 2, 2012, 11:55:53 AM10/2/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I know you can drag the .crx file onto the Extensions page (open page, not the menu option for it) in v22, perhaps it is not available in v21?

Joe

Chris Calabro

Oct 2, 2012, 2:12:04 PM10/2/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
that is bizarre.  it did not work last night even with many attempts, but the exact same operation this morning worked!
i didn't even restart chrome or anything.  btw i'm using chrome Version 22.0.1229.64 beta.

- chris

Benjamin Possolo

Feb 7, 2013, 5:37:56 PM2/7/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
First off, what a nightmare it is just to get the plugin working on chrome.
the chrome store kept failing to install the plugin with a worthless error message.
So i defaulted back to my old habit of opening the chrome extensions tab and then dragging the CRX file directly onto the browser.
But that was failing now too due to a "incorrect magic number" error.
I finally figured out i need to be logged into my google account in order to install the plugin directly from the google chrome store.
Why doesn't the plugin install screen just say "you must be logged in to install the plugin" rather than the worthless message it does now??